Book quality question: Night in the Lonesome October by Richard Laymon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book quality question: Night in the Lonesome October by Richard Laymon

Hello all, recently I've acquired two copies of Richard Laymon's Night in the Lonesome October. Both copies are from Cemetery Dance, but they are significantly different in appearance (perhaps even build quality). For example, one book has a satin book marker, shiny book boards, and substantial spine stitching, while the other one does not.

I initially thought that one was a signed copy and the other was not, but neither one is signed, despite it saying "signed copies" on the interior pages.

If anyone can shed some light and tell me if one is preferred over the other in terms of quality, I would really appreciate it. Here are some pics.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Wicked Jester View Post
    Hello all, recently I've acquired two copies of Richard Laymon's Night in the Lonesome October. Both copies are from Cemetery Dance, but they are significantly different in appearance (perhaps even build quality). For example, one book has a satin book marker, shiny book boards, and substantial spine stitching, while the other one does not.

I initially thought that one was a signed copy and the other was not, but neither one is signed, despite it saying "signed copies" on the interior pages.

If anyone can shed some light and tell me if one is preferred over the other in terms of quality, I would really appreciate it. Here are some pics.
    You have a signed lettered and a signed limited both missing the signature sheet. I believe these were in production at the time of Mr. Laymons death and they were issued without signature sheets. Does the lettered have an additional piece of art in the front or a Traycase?

Here is the info from CD's website:
    Published in two states:
    • Limited Edition of 1,000 copies ($40)
    • Traycased Lettered Edition of 52 signed and lettered copies bound in leather with a satin ribbon page marker and additional full-color artwork ($175)

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Does the lettered have an additional piece of art in the front or a Traycase?
      Thanks for the reply. There is no additional art or a tray case. I managed to purchase these copies from ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Jester View Post
        Thanks for the reply. There is no additional art or a tray case. I managed to purchase these copies from ebay.
        Without the additional tipped in art and traycase I am guessing it was sold in a scratch and dent grab bag. Great pickups!

Comment

Working...
        X