No announcement yet.

When did CD drag you in to the Dark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought the 5th series in the Thunderstorm Maelstrom series. I got an email about another sale and bought my 1st CD book that I hope shows up eventually, Owen King. I bought a grab bag that I think resulted in the 1st books from CD I got. I have a few others and would buy more if I had more book money or a place to put them.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      I've been with them since the beginning… Picked up Cemetery Dance issue number 2 back in the late 80s, and have been with them ever since.
      Damn impressive!

Comment

With me it was the short story contest a few years ago. I came to read a story by a member of Brian Keene's forum. If i remember correctly they ended up winning it. So for me it wasn't a book.

Comment

Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post
          With me it was the short story contest a few years ago. I came to read a story by a member of Brian Keene's forum. If i remember correctly they ended up winning it. So for me it wasn't a book.
          If it is the one I am thinking of it did turn into a Chapbook (Bad Dreams/New Screams).

Comment

That's the one. Now I own 3 bookcases of CD books. 2 with signed books, one unsigned.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
              Damn impressive!
              Along w/ being on the magazine train since issue #2, I also picked up their first book, Norman's Partridge's BAD INTENTIONS, and remember what a Big Deal that was for them and for us who had been w/ them, to see them branch out into book publishing. It's striking and incredibly impressive to see what other changes and accomplishments they've had since those very early days.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Appropriately enough, it was October Dreams: A celebration of Halloween. I found an unsigned copy on Amazon and just loved it. Years later I found the signed copy. A sweet copy of Ed Gorman's Early Autumn followed shortly after. One of my best non book purchases were the GAK JOL's from a few years ago, they're out right now LOL! I've enjoyed every minute of my time of the forum, I've learned so much and really look forward learning more in the future. Really a great bunch of people.

Comment

Spring of 1992, a friend of mine — Darrell Schweitzer — suggested I might send Cemetery Dance some samples of my illustration work. Rich Chizmar responded by sending me three stories — "Shell" by Adam Fusco, "Hitchin' Through The Wall" by Augustine Funnell, and "The Washingtonians" by Bentley Little — to illustrate, which ended up in Issue #14, Fall 1992. He also gave "Chattery Teeth" to another good friend of mine, Allen K., to illustrate. IMG_1102.jpg

Comment

Somehow, I found Sub Press first, and ordered the Gift Edition of The Green Mile (so I have my name on the list in the book), and then my first CD title was From a Buick 8. I missed out on a lot of books in the early to mid '90s, just because I never heard about them in those pre-Internet days.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                      Along w/ being on the magazine train since issue #2, I also picked up their first book, Norman's Partridge's BAD INTENTIONS, and remember what a Big Deal that was for them and for us who had been w/ them, to see them branch out into book publishing. It's striking and incredibly impressive to see what other changes and accomplishments they've had since those very early days.
                      I thought Ed Gorman's collection Prisoners and other Stories was their first book. I will have to see if I can find anything on Bad Impressions.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        I thought Ed Gorman's collection Prisoners and other Stories was their first book. I will have to see if I can find anything on Bad Impressions.
                        I knew it was either the Partridge or the Gorman...I may indeed have their first and second slots switched. Either way, I bought both on publication.
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by keithminnion View Post
                          Spring of 1992, a friend of mine — Darrell Schweitzer — suggested I might send Cemetery Dance some samples of my illustration work. Rich Chizmar responded by sending me three stories — "Shell" by Adam Fusco, "Hitchin' Through The Wall" by Augustine Funnell, and "The Washingtonians" by Bentley Little — to illustrate, which ended up in Issue #14, Fall 1992. He also gave "Chattery Teeth" to another good friend of mine, Allen K., to illustrate. [ATTACH=CONFIG]20172[/ATTACH]
                          Did you illustrate the cover, Keith? That's a really cool one!

Comment

No, that was Charles Lang. I think I only did three covers for CD:

3-covers.jpg

Comment

Great!!

Comment

Originally posted by keithminnion View Post
                                No, that was Charles Lang. I think I only did three covers for CD:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20173[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                                X