No announcement yet.

Not Random Thoughts About Selling Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been able to demonstrate restraint with GOBLIN, but Jeff's review video keeps replaying in my mind like a boss and is severely underminding that restraint.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      I've been able to demonstrate restraint with GOBLIN, but Jeff's review video keeps replaying in my mind like a boss and is severely underminding that restraint.
      I can almost guarantee that GOBLIN will see a wider release. It has to. If not, the Earthling edition will become one of those books collectors hunt for years once his career takes off. My expectations were high and I wasn't disappointed. The only thing I wanted more from the book was more of the book. It was so much fun.

And I don't think $50 is too much for a signed first edition (and also Malerman's very first limited edition--beating DRP's BIRD BOX by a month). If you get the book and think I'm way off and just batshit crazy (you wouldn't be in the minority if you do) then I think you'd be able to sell it once people catch on. Maybe all the attention he's getting with UNBURY CAROL at NYCC will cast some eyes toward Earthling.

Comment

Also, you know what I find really surprising? Paul Miller gave away more than 20 ARCs of GOBLIN on Facebook and not one has shown up on eBay. I don't know if that's normal. But it strikes me as odd that no one's trying to get a few bucks from a free book.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
          Also, you know what I find really surprising? Paul Miller gave away more than 20 ARCs of GOBLIN on Facebook and not one has shown up on eBay. I don't know if that's normal. But it strikes me as odd that no one's trying to get a few bucks from a free book.
          When I receive an ARC from a publisher, I never put it up for sale, as I figure there's always the chance that doing so will result in a sale lost for the publisher, as there is a potential that the buyer will be content with the ARC and not pick up the actual book. It's always seemed to me like the appropriate thing to do.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Working...
          X