Paperbacks From Hill - The Twisted History of '70s and '80s Horror Fiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paperbacks From Hill - The Twisted History of '70s and '80s Horror Fiction

I came across this on another website and thought that there might be some interest here -

Paperbacks From Hell - The Twisted History of '70s and '80s Horror Fiction

From the Amazon listing:

Take a tour through the horror paperback novels of the 1970s and ’80s . . . if you dare. Page through dozens and dozens of amazing book covers featuring well-dressed skeletons, evil dolls, and knife-wielding killer crabs! Read shocking plot summaries that invoke devil worship, satanic children, and haunted real estate! Horror author and vintage paperback book collector Grady Hendrix offers killer commentary and witty insight on these trashy thrillers that tried so hard to be the next Exorcist or Rosemary’s Baby. It’s an affectionate, nostalgic, and unflinchingly funny celebration of the horror fiction boom of two iconic decades, complete with story summaries and artist and author profiles. You’ll find familiar authors, like V. C. Andrews and R. L. Stine, and many more who’ve faded into obscurity. Plus recommendations for which of these forgotten treasures are well worth your reading time and which should stay buried.

Looks great! Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
      I came across this on another website and thought that there might be some interest here -

Paperbacks From Hell - The Twisted History of '70s and '80s Horror Fiction

From the Amazon listing:

Take a tour through the horror paperback novels of the 1970s and ’80s . . . if you dare. Page through dozens and dozens of amazing book covers featuring well-dressed skeletons, evil dolls, and knife-wielding killer crabs! Read shocking plot summaries that invoke devil worship, satanic children, and haunted real estate! Horror author and vintage paperback book collector Grady Hendrix offers killer commentary and witty insight on these trashy thrillers that tried so hard to be the next Exorcist or Rosemary’s Baby. It’s an affectionate, nostalgic, and unflinchingly funny celebration of the horror fiction boom of two iconic decades, complete with story summaries and artist and author profiles. You’ll find familiar authors, like V. C. Andrews and R. L. Stine, and many more who’ve faded into obscurity. Plus recommendations for which of these forgotten treasures are well worth your reading time and which should stay buried.
      Wow! Right up our alley. Cap
      Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Yes, I've been looking forward to this one for at least a year. This may be my most anticipated book of 2017. Scratch that-it definitely is! :-)
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I heard about this a while ago. I gotta get my hands on this for sure!

Comment

I preordered this immediately after hearing about it on Keene's podcast.

Comment

I picked it up as well! Looking forward to it. The Golden Age of Pretty Good Horror!!

Comment

Working...
              X