The Mystery Trooper serial (1931)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mystery Trooper serial (1931)

I started watching The Mystery Trooper (1931), a 10 chapter serial released by Syndicate Pictures Corp. This is the Restored Collector's Edition courtesy of mainly The Serial Squadron in collaboration with USCSchool of Cinematic Arts (Note-Not putting in a space in USCSchool is not a typo on my part). I watched Chapter 1-The Trap of Terror. These old serials are a riot and it can be hard at times to follow the plot(s). I gather TMT is one of the early talking serials. There is a big horse in TMT, his name is White Cloud, and to me he looks just like the white horse used in the two Lone Ranger serials.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

I love those old serials. When I was a kid, they would show them as part of the Saturday matinee.

Comment

Yep. From what I understand kids could watch a single chapter of many different serials. How the heck could the kids keep the serials straight? lol I must have at least 20 serials and I've watched every single one. It's been a while since I have watched a serial.

Cap

Comment

I finished watching The Mystery Trooper tonight. It turned out to be a better serial than I expected! Cap

Comment

Working...
        X