Fredric Brown and Cornell Woolrich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Haffner has always put out a high-quality product with much attention to detail and durability (like Centipede, this is one of the few presses where you can actually see where/how much of the price tag is justified), so while I don't have the books at my fingertips at the moment to confirm, I would shocked -- shocked! I tell you -- if these Brown book were glued. I know their earlier volumes are sewn, and have no reason to believe these volumes are any different. Buy with confidence.
    Thanks for the heads up. Thinking about picking up the two Fredric Brown books along with The Vampire Stories of Robert Bloch. The Early Kuttner series also looks interesting as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
      Thanks for the heads up. Thinking about picking up the two Fredric Brown books along with The Vampire Stories of Robert Bloch. The Early Kuttner series also looks interesting as well.
      I have three Leigh Brackett volumes, three Kuttner volumes, a couple of the Edmond Hamilton volumes, and the two Fredric Brown volumes; I count myself as a pretty big fan of the production quality of this press. I'm very excited about the new Robert Bloch collection, though Haffner has in the last half-decade or so worked on a very sslllooowww schedule, so I won't be holding my breath for it to appear any time soon.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
        I have three Leigh Brackett volumes, three Kuttner volumes, a couple of the Edmond Hamilton volumes, and the two Fredric Brown volumes; I count myself as a pretty big fan of the production quality of this press. .
        … And editorial choices, too, of course. :-)

Comment

I'm definitely going to hunt down the two F. Brown editions. Plus Bloch's The Vampire Stories.
          Importing these from the US will be too costly. I do hope I can find a European based bookstore that sells these.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
            I'm definitely going to hunt down the two F. Brown editions. Plus Bloch's The Vampire Stories.
            Importing these from the US will be too costly. I do hope I can find a European based bookstore that sells these.

sk
            Good luck; I hope you find one. My understanding about Haffner is that he decided a short while back to do away with all secondary sales outlets (eBay and Amazon were the two that I was aware of) and sell only directly via his site to streamline ordering process (and, presumably, to maximize profits). My assumption then is that he doesn't offer industry discounts to booksellers, and thus the only way to buy his releases is through him.

But this is just my assumption based on his recent change...there may indeed be outlets out there that carry Haffner publications. Might want to drop him at line and see if there are.

Comment

sk
              Check Cold Tonnage coldtonnage.co.uk They have a couple of these titles. Cap
              Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Excellent: this is a big help - thank you!!

sk

Comment

Excellent: this is a big help - thank you!!

sk
                  You're welcome. Glad my suggestion had legs. Cap
                  Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Working...
                  X