T.E.D. Klein - thoughts/reviews?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T.E.D. Klein - thoughts/reviews?

I have been doing searches for more non-mainstream books to read, disturbing stories, etc. I keep seeing TED Klein popping up in discussions. Only published 2 books? Anyone here read anything by him...your thoughts? I want to get my hands on a copy of Dark Gods, but....it's next to impossible to find (at a reasonable price). Hard to justify spending big bucks on something you don't know if you'll enjoy!

I've seen the name, but haven't read anything. Have you tried reading Charles Fort? Some people refer to him as the father of paranormal/supernatural writing. I'm heading down this path myself.

Comment

I remember liking his books, but it's been so long, and so many books ago, that I really remember nothing else. I think I have them in the attic. I'll take a look in the morning and see if I can find them.

Comment

T.E.D. Klein is a fantastic writer, kind of like the Salinger of the horror genre, in that he only authored a few works, but oh what works they are, ones that left an indelible imprint on the genre. (He also edited Twilight Zone magazine for quite some time, furthering his influence). DARK GODS and THE CEREMONIES, his only novel, are both terrific, but as an introduction I'd give the nod to DARK GODS.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
          I've seen the name, but haven't read anything. Have you tried reading Charles Fort? Some people refer to him as the father of paranormal/supernatural writing. I'm heading down this path myself.
          I have not, but will check him out!

Comment

I've read a few novellas by Klein and thought both were fantastic. I missed out on PS's edition of The Ceremonies, which has become pretty hard to find at a good price. I'm hoping someone will do a limited of Dark Gods someday.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
              I'm hoping someone will do a limited of Dark Gods someday.
              From your lips to [the publishing] God's ears... :-)

I'm so-so on PS Publishing's designs and materials, but they actually did a pretty nice job on THE CEREMONIES. Given its quick sellout, maybe DARK GODS will indeed have a chance to appear.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Working...
              X