Eclipse:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eclipse:

For those in the path of the eclipse hope you have a good day. My house is in the 99% eclipse range so I will be watching it from the deck. Feel like I should be reading Dolores Claiborne or Gerald's Game.
    Last edited by Martin; 08-22-2017, 01:21 AM.

I won't get the full eclipse, but we'll see a partial one here. Unfortunately it's pretty overcast today, so I might see nothing at all.

Comment

Sunny and hot here, and we are supposed to be 80% or so here in Windsor, Ontario. Locally all the eclipse type eye protection has been sold out for a week maybe? I guess there was a magazine (Sky News maybe) that had eclipse glasses in the current issue - well....they sold out too!

Have family in SE Tennessee, and I hear the motels/hotels are booked solid. It's amazing how social media hypes events like this, almost to the extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        For those in the path of the eclipse hope you have a good day. My house is in the 99% eclipse range so I will be watching it from the deck. Feel like I should be reading Delores Claiborne or Gerald's Game.
        We get about the same here. I'm at work and my coworker has glasses we went out and looked when it was starting. Kind of a cool view but I'm more looking forward to the darkness and then seeing what views of the corona they'll show on the news.

Comment

Our max coverage here is about 93% if I remember right. I'll probably go outside just to experience the darkness and like others, wait for all of the cool pictures that'll be posted.

Comment

We just came back in. It was pretty neat, it was cool outside and the shadows the leaves cast on the ground were shaped like the crescent of light. Venus even reappeared in the sky.

Comment

Grey clouds shifted across our skyline. It appeared as any other overcast day. I really have to say; most overrated eclipse ever. 1/10

Comment

I seem to have misplaced my wife during the eclipse. Better check the old well out back with the rotted boards covering it.

Comment

Sky here looked like it would just before the setting sun...longer shadows, but still basically sunny. Temperature dropped quite a bit though, probably 86 here as a high. Couldn't see much really. Saw reflection of it off the windshield of a car - but even that....too much glare to see much, and you can't look at it too long because it is so darn bright!

Comment

It was partly cloudy here, but still fun to watch. This is about as eclipsed at it got.

DSCN2599-001.jpg

Comment

I think we had something like 95% coverage here in Maryland. We had one pair of glasses to look through. I was kinda expecting it to be darker out than it was. It's too late now, but I found out that if you didn't have glasses you could actually watch it through camera on your phone without risk of damage to you phone or eyes.
                      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I traveled about 3 hours to see the totality. It was really a cool experience with everyone cheering and yelling! I'll definitely do it again in '24. Arkansas will be the closest for me then I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                          I seem to have misplaced my wife during the eclipse. Better check the old well out back with the rotted boards covering it.

Comment

Working...
                          X