Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

October Dark by David Herter Earthling Edition

I was wondering if anybody could shed some light on this for me:

I've been thinking about picking up October Dark by David Herter, but during my research I heard that there was some issues with the text of the Earthling edition. The review I read stated there was an inordinate amount of grammatical errors in the text. Is anybody read the Earthling edition and can verify the severity of the errors or lack thereof?

With its purported Bradburyesque tone, this is a book I should have enjoyed, but found it virtually unreadable...I did not, in fact, make it much past the halfway point before throwing in the towel. I threw it up on eBay and tried to sell it for 10 bucks, but had no takers… I eventually just gave the thing away to someone.

Trust me, proofreading errors are the least of its problems.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

It does have a nice cover LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
        It does have a nice cover LOL!!
        I'll concede that. ;-)
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I have October Dark. I have not read it. Too many typos definitely ruin a book. One or two is acceptable (I guess).

Cap
          Last edited by c marvel; 08-18-2017, 04:21 AM.
          Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
            With its purported Bradburyesque tone, this is a book I should have enjoyed, but found it virtually unreadable...I did not, in fact, make it much past the halfway point before throwing in the towel. I threw it up on eBay and tried to sell it for 10 bucks, but had no takers… I eventually just gave the thing away to someone.

Trust me, proofreading errors are the least of its problems.
            Thanks for the feedback. I'm holding off for now as other purchases have come up.

Comment

Working...
            X