Name Your Favorite Book(s) published by Cemetery Dance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name Your Favorite Book(s) published by Cemetery Dance

The signed trade hardcover of The Woman by Jack Ketchum and Lucky McKee. I thought it was really neat of Cemetery Dance to make this special signed trade hardcover edition. I think it's unique, really like it and wish Cemetery Dance would do more of these different, special editions. I also really loved Isis by Douglas Clegg.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Well, they're oldies but goodies, the first books that brought me over to Cemetery Dance and this great forum, The First October Dreams Collection 2000 and The Dwyer Trilogy, Ed Gorman, signed #40 from 1996. Sentimental favorites for sure. Nice thread Cap!
    Last edited by mhatchett; 08-04-2017, 08:11 PM.

Comment

My favorite King editions: IT (brought me here in 2011) and Salem's Lot--I LOVE the Palumbo art. Perfect for this story.
      My favorite non-King edition: John Dies at the End. Such a different story and a lot of fun to read. I'd love more David Wong books!

This is a great thread idea!

Comment

That is a tough call. There's a few earlier ones that CD released that I would love to pick up, like the aforementioned October Dreams. I may go for an obvious one, and choose IT. It really is a tremendous edition of one of my favourite books. Their newest release, The Shining, would be up there too. The essay on The Shine, as well as the Before and After the Play, not to mention the killer art from Don Maitz, really elevates this book to a new level.

I haven't read it yet, but I also really love the aesthetic of CD's edition of F. Paul Wilson's Midnight Mass.

With all that said, if we include Lonely ROad in the mix, The Exorcist is my all time favourite.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
          My favorite King editions: IT (brought me here in 2011) and Salem's Lot--I LOVE the Palumbo art. Perfect for this story.
          My favorite non-King edition: John Dies at the End. Such a different story and a lot of fun to read. I'd love more David Wong books!

This is a great thread idea!
          I also agree about Palumbo's art. Best interior art yet for a CD book in my opinion.

Comment

My top CD editions:

My first purchase: Legacies (Limited)
            The book I keep going back to: October Dreams (Limited)
            Creative Concept: Secretary of Dreams Vol1 and Vol2 (Limited)
            Creative Concept: Dinner with the Cannibal Sisters

Biggest regret for not purchasing (most coveted_
            Bad News

Comment

My favorite designs were for

Secretary of Dreams
              Signature Series!!!!
              IT
              Exorcist/Legion
              Passage/Twelve

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                My top CD editions:

Bad News
                I'd definitely nominate its slipcase for the best slipcase they've released. Very cool material/texture.
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Bad News

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bad-News-Ant...wAAOSwARZXk5yj

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                    I'd definitely nominate its slipcase for the best slipcase they've released. Very cool material/texture.
                    They did a somewhat similar case, in blue, for Bentley Little's The Mailman. I love both slipcases.

Comment

Well there you go spending my money again. I have watched that item sit unsold on eBay for quite some time. Your post made me decide to make an offer and it was accepted. This one will be on my shelf soon.
                      Last edited by Martin; 08-04-2017, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Well there you go spending my money again. I have watched that item sit unsold on eBay for quite some time. You post made me decide to make an offer and it was accepted. This one will be on my shelf soon.
                        Congrats! Any time you need a nudge toward bankruptcy, you know where to find me.

Comment

Congrats! Any time you need a nudge toward bankruptcy, you know where to find me.
                          That is awfully kind of you!

Comment

That is awfully kind of you!
                            I thought it was kind of awful of me!

Comment

I thought it was kind of awful of me!
                              My view depends on which side of my brain is loudest at the moment. Side A: @#!&%, I hadn't planned on that purchase! Side B: @#!&%, I got a copy of Bad News coming my way!

Comment

Working...
                              X