Dark Regions Kickstarter Gift Certificate Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark Regions Kickstarter Gift Certificate Deal

Everybody might be aware of this already, but if not, I figured I'd post it here.

Dark Regions has a deal going on through 6/20 that if anyone pledges $66 or more to their Kickstarter campaign they will receive a gift certificate to Darkregions.com in a matching amount. I'm not a big fan of Kickstarter campaigns and have been lukewarm on DRP in the past, but it looks like they've really stepped up their game and have been attempting to fix some of the issues they've had in the past.

I'm pretty tempted, but still weighing out my options.

If anyone is interested, you can read all about it here: https://darkregions.com/blogs/news/f...june-20th-2017

I saw that. I haven't been much of a fan of the way they've gone to Kickstarter campaigns for pretty much everything the last couple years. Even their style of collector's clubs are kickstarter, if I am not mistaken. I do have some of their books, and there were great, mind you they were trade PBs, but still enjoyed them. One of my favourite recently read books is a DRP title - Lullaby For The Rain Girl.

Comment

Their Collector's Club is done through Patreon. Basically you pay $25 a month and that gets you a blanket 25% discount on everything they sale, plus other perks (access to special sales, etc.). They sell a lot of books from other publishers, so it may be worth it.

However, they also use it to arrange special early preorder windows, and the rules there are questionable. Like they recently announced a special CC preorder for Bird Box and to qualify, not only do you need to be a member of the CC the month the preorder goes up, you also have to remain a member every month until the book ships. That's kind of ridiculous.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not a big fan about how their Collector's Club is set up. $250 a year is quite steep even with the 25% discount off books. I'd have to spend $750 a year AFTER discount to break even and double that to really see that 25% discount realized. If you buy a lot from them it might be a great deal. Just like the CDCC, I'm sure there are a lot of other deals that we as the public are not privy to. If it was a one-time fee of like a hundred bucks then I might be tempted.

I'm sure the "have to be a member until book is published" rule is in place to keep people from jumping on and off board just to take advantage of a specific deal.

All that being said, I did wind up jumping on board for the Kickstarter gift certificate deal and I'm pretty excited about the perk I chose.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
          I'm sure the "have to be a member until book is published" rule is in place to keep people from jumping on and off board just to take advantage of a specific deal.
          Oh no doubt. Hell, that's what I did two (I think?) years ago to preorder one of the sets of Laymon's books that will have special red slipcases.

Comment

Working...
          X