No announcement yet.

Sleeping Beauties By Stephen King and Owen King Book Tour:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have my tickets for the Portland appearance. Got in right when tickets went on sale and the best I could do was 10 rows back. But I have tickets!!!

Comment

Tickets to Portland procured!

Best available at onsale time ended up being Row A in the second balcony. Not going to complain since this will my first time seeing SK. Now to just be one of the lucky ones and receive a signed book.

Comment

Then rows back? I got second balcony ... huge difference in location.

Congrats!

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        Have my tickets for the Portland appearance. Got in right when tickets went on sale and the best I could do was 10 rows back. But I have tickets!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
          Tickets to Portland procured!

Best available at onsale time ended up being Row A in the second balcony. Not going to complain since this will my first time seeing SK. Now to just be one of the lucky ones and receive a signed book.
          This will be my second time seeing him and the first time I was front row center so I can't complain about being 10 rows back.

Comment

Still not sure if I'm heading down or not, but grabbed a ticket...figured it'd be easier to sell an unwanted ticket later than try and find one for sale. Got in right when they went on sale...ended up on the 1st balcony, first row. I'm not familiar with the theater, so hopefully that's a good seat (surely not as good as ten rows back (congrats, Martin!), but...).
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

It's funny how we were all there when the tickets went on sale and are seated in three different sections. While I am in the second balcony, I too am in the front row so I should be able to see fine.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              Still not sure if I'm heading down or not, but grabbed a ticket...figured it'd be easier to sell an unwanted ticket later than try and find one for sale. Got in right when they went on sale...ended up on the 1st balcony, first row. I'm not familiar with the theater, so hopefully that's a good seat (surely not as good as ten rows back (congrats, Martin!), but...).

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                I have a photo of the auditorium above. Our tickets are similar. I have attended events here before and there is not a bad seat in the house.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                  It's funny how we were all there when the tickets went on sale and are seated in three different sections. While I am in the second balcony, I too am in the front row so I should be able to see fine.
                  It appears that they sold out within ten minutes so there were a lot of purchases hitting the server at the same time.

Comment

For those like me who are unfamiliar w/ the theater, here is the seating chart:

http://www.portland5.com/sites/defau...rk-seating.pdf

Image of theater (too big to post as image, but here is the URL):

http://www.portland5.com/sites/defau...ARK%201%20.JPG

Those give me a pretty good sense of what view I'll have...not bad, all in all.
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Tweet from Powell's shortly after tickets went on sale:

Our 10/3 event with Stephen and Owen King has SOLD OUT. There are no remaining tickets available.

Comment

Details on the final tour stop have been announced and it is an odd one.

It is at the Barnes and Noble store. You can request a ticket via email sending it no earlier than 8:00 AM on August 25th. Four Hundred wrist bands will be issued with a limit of one per person. Entry is $32.50 (Price of book) and each attendee will receive a signed copy.

Barnes and Noble Sarasota is proud to host an evening with Stephen King and Owen King, co-authors of Sleeping Beauties: A Novel.
                        The event takes place at the Selby Public Library (1331 First Street), in downtown Sarasota, FL on Friday, October 6th, 2017 from 6:30pm – 7:30pm.
                        Price of admission is 1 copy of Sleeping Beauties: A Novel, ($32.50 tax)
                        Stephen and Owen King will discuss their new novel followed by a Q&A with the audience.
                        Important Ticketing and Event Guidelines:
                        Due to capacity limits, each person is allowed to purchase a maximum of one (1) book and wristband. Only one minor may accompany wristband holder.
                        Reservations for the event can be made via email at [email protected] beginning August 25th, 2017 no earlier than 8am (EDT). No phone calls. No exceptions.
                        Hard copy of reservation must be presented on 10/6/2017 at Barnes and Noble in order to purchase book and obtain wristband for entrance to event at Selby Library. No exceptions.
                        400 Seats are first come, first served for all wristband holders.
                        Please note that there will be no author signing at this event. Customers will receive a signed copy of Sleeping Beauties, at the event’s conclusion.
                        Photographs will not be allowed during the presentation, no flash is permitted.
                        Doors will open at 5:00 pm. Event begins at 6:30 pm.

Comment

I'll be happy to email them if anyone would like an extra ticket. I'm an early riser.

Comment

Looking more and more like I'll never get to see him in person. Hoping to snag a signed copy though...

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                              Looking more and more like I'll never get to see him in person. Hoping to snag a signed copy though...
                              I think they'll be plenty to be had once the hype dies down. Like with End of Watch.

Comment

I saw them last night. It was more charming and intimate than I'd expected with a crowd of over 3 thousand. I loved hearing about their collaboration and thoughts on writing. Owen was awesome and of course so was his dad. A great night. AND I was one of the lucky ones who walked away with a signed copy.

Comment

Working...
                                X