Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44

Thread: Sleeping Beauties By Stephen King and Owen King Book Tour:

  1. #21
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    238
    Rep Power
    5
    The Chicago(land) venue holds 5,000. Other appearances have said up to 400 signed copies would be distributed randomly. If that's the same for Chicago appearance, then the chances of getting a signed copy aren't that great. What is that, less than 1 in 10? Math and me aren't on speaking terms.

  2. #22
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,020
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    The Chicago(land) venue holds 5,000. Other appearances have said up to 400 signed copies would be distributed randomly. If that's the same for Chicago appearance, then the chances of getting a signed copy aren't that great. What is that, less than 1 in 10? Math and me aren't on speaking terms.
    8% would get one. Actually less than 8% after I GET MINE!!!! LOLOLOL!!!!!

  3. #23
    Senior Member 2nd Electroshock Session Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    3,748
    Rep Power
    15
    Tickets for the Brooklyn Heights New York event begin at 12:00 PM Eastern time on Monday July 10th:
    http://booksaremagicsleepingbeauties...ertickets.com/

  4. #24
    Senior Member 2nd Electroshock Session Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    3,748
    Rep Power
    15
    Portland Ticket information has finally been announced.

    Tuesday, October 3, 2017, 7:30 p.m.
    Newmark Theatre, 1111 SW Broadway, Portland
    Tickets (limit 4 per order) are available beginning August 14 at Portland5.com, at the Portland’5 box office, by phone at 503-946-7272, and at all TicketsWest outlets. Each ticket guarantees entry to the event, as well as one hardcover edition of Sleeping Beauties.* As a special bonus, up to 400 of these books will be pre-signed and randomly distributed to lucky attendees at the event’s conclusion. This event will feature Stephen and Owen King in conversation and will be followed by an audience Q&A. There will not be a public signing at this event.

    http://ev6.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomme...de=POWELLS&cgc

    This theatre has a maximum capacity of 921. Assuming "Up to 400 signed copies" will mean 400 signed copies the odds of getting a signed copy is pretty good.

  5. #25
    Senior Member 2nd Electroshock Session Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    3,748
    Rep Power
    15
    And for those who have not been to the Newmark. It is a really nice venue. This is a picture from the stage:

    NEWMARK%203%20.jpg

  6. #26
    Senior Member Inmate
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    489
    Rep Power
    7
    Looks like my wife can't make it, so if I decide to make the trek from Seattle I will likely be flying solo on this one. Haven't yet decided if it's worth the drive.

    Cons:
    1). I've already seen King speak live.
    2). I've already ordered the CD Gift Edition of SLEEPING BEAUTIES, so if I wind up w/ an unsigned trade it'll be redundant.
    3). It's four hours both ways, in weekday traffic.

    Pros:
    1). It's Stephen King.

  7. #27
    Senior Member 2nd Electroshock Session Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    3,748
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Looks like my wife can't make it, so if I decide to make the trek from Seattle I will likely be flying solo on this one. Haven't yet decided if it's worth the drive.

    Cons:
    1). I've already seen King speak live.
    2). I've already ordered the CD Gift Edition of SLEEPING BEAUTIES, so if I wind up w/ an unsigned trade it'll be redundant.
    3). It's four hours both ways, in weekday traffic.

    Pros:
    1). It's Stephen King.
    Understood. The only other time I saw King live was in Seattle and my wife and I went together and stayed a few days. Making that drive solo and driving back late would give me pause. Fortunately for me downtown Portland is about a half hour drive for me.

    At this point I believe this will probably be Mr. Kings last trip to the Northwest, don't even think he would come now if it wasn't to promote a project with Owen. This will be my second time seeing Stephen and first seeing Owen (assuming I secure tickets next Monday). My wife, though not to my level is excited to see him again as she enjoyed his sense of humor more than she expected. She also went with me once to see Joe and was shocked at how close his mannerisms and personality matched his dad's she is interested how close Owen is.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Inmate TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    394
    Rep Power
    4
    Hey Ron - I plan on making the trip down to PDX so if you want to only have to drive to Tacoma and go down the rest of the way with me and my GF you're more than welcome to.

    This is all dependent on me getting two tickets when they go on sale.


    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Looks like my wife can't make it, so if I decide to make the trek from Seattle I will likely be flying solo on this one. Haven't yet decided if it's worth the drive.

    Cons:
    1). I've already seen King speak live.
    2). I've already ordered the CD Gift Edition of SLEEPING BEAUTIES, so if I wind up w/ an unsigned trade it'll be redundant.
    3). It's four hours both ways, in weekday traffic.

    Pros:
    1). It's Stephen King.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Inmate
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    489
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Hey Ron - I plan on making the trip down to PDX so if you want to only have to drive to Tacoma and go down the rest of the way with me and my GF you're more than welcome to.

    This is all dependent on me getting two tickets when they go on sale.
    Thanks, I really appreciate the offer. But I'm 50-50 at best on going, and if I do go down I'll probably end up staying that night with my brother who lives with my father in Wilsonville.
    Might even hit Powell's the next day before heading home, turn a good trip into a great one. :-)

  10. #30
    Senior Member Inmate TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    394
    Rep Power
    4
    If you change your mind, the offer is there still.

    I haven't seen SK (just JH a few years ago) so I'm really hoping for this trip.

    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Thanks, I really appreciate the offer. But I'm 50-50 at best on going, and if I do go down I'll probably end up staying that night with my brother who lives with my father in Wilsonville.
    Might even hit Powell's the next day before heading home, turn a good trip into a great one. :-)

  11. #31
    Senior Member 2nd Electroshock Session Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    3,748
    Rep Power
    15
    Have my tickets for the Portland appearance. Got in right when tickets went on sale and the best I could do was 10 rows back. But I have tickets!!!

  12. #32
    Senior Member Inmate TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    394
    Rep Power
    4
    Tickets to Portland procured!

    Best available at onsale time ended up being Row A in the second balcony. Not going to complain since this will my first time seeing SK. Now to just be one of the lucky ones and receive a signed book.

  13. #33
    Senior Member Inmate TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    394
    Rep Power
    4
    Then rows back? I got second balcony ... huge difference in location.

    Congrats!

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Have my tickets for the Portland appearance. Got in right when tickets went on sale and the best I could do was 10 rows back. But I have tickets!!!

  14. #34
    Senior Member 2nd Electroshock Session Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    3,748
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Tickets to Portland procured!

    Best available at onsale time ended up being Row A in the second balcony. Not going to complain since this will my first time seeing SK. Now to just be one of the lucky ones and receive a signed book.
    This will be my second time seeing him and the first time I was front row center so I can't complain about being 10 rows back.

  15. #35
    Senior Member Inmate
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    489
    Rep Power
    7
    Still not sure if I'm heading down or not, but grabbed a ticket...figured it'd be easier to sell an unwanted ticket later than try and find one for sale. Got in right when they went on sale...ended up on the 1st balcony, first row. I'm not familiar with the theater, so hopefully that's a good seat (surely not as good as ten rows back (congrats, Martin!), but...).

  16. #36
    Senior Member Inmate TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    394
    Rep Power
    4
    It's funny how we were all there when the tickets went on sale and are seated in three different sections. While I am in the second balcony, I too am in the front row so I should be able to see fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Still not sure if I'm heading down or not, but grabbed a ticket...figured it'd be easier to sell an unwanted ticket later than try and find one for sale. Got in right when they went on sale...ended up on the 1st balcony, first row. I'm not familiar with the theater, so hopefully that's a good seat (surely not as good as ten rows back (congrats, Martin!), but...).

  17. #37
    Senior Member 2nd Electroshock Session Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    3,748
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Still not sure if I'm heading down or not, but grabbed a ticket...figured it'd be easier to sell an unwanted ticket later than try and find one for sale. Got in right when they went on sale...ended up on the 1st balcony, first row. I'm not familiar with the theater, so hopefully that's a good seat (surely not as good as ten rows back (congrats, Martin!), but...).
    I have a photo of the auditorium above. Our tickets are similar. I have attended events here before and there is not a bad seat in the house.

  18. #38
    Senior Member 2nd Electroshock Session Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    3,748
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    It's funny how we were all there when the tickets went on sale and are seated in three different sections. While I am in the second balcony, I too am in the front row so I should be able to see fine.
    It appears that they sold out within ten minutes so there were a lot of purchases hitting the server at the same time.

  19. #39
    Senior Member Inmate
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    489
    Rep Power
    7
    For those like me who are unfamiliar w/ the theater, here is the seating chart:

    http://www.portland5.com/sites/defau...rk-seating.pdf

    Image of theater (too big to post as image, but here is the URL):

    http://www.portland5.com/sites/defau...ARK%201%20.JPG

    Those give me a pretty good sense of what view I'll have...not bad, all in all.

  20. #40
    Senior Member 2nd Electroshock Session Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    3,748
    Rep Power
    15
    Tweet from Powell's shortly after tickets went on sale:

    Our 10/3 event with Stephen and Owen King has SOLD OUT. There are no remaining tickets available.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •