• Show
Clear All

Saw this in case anyone is interested.
    Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King and Owen King
    1st US trade edition published by Scribner
    SIGNED by both Stephen King and Owen King
    As New Condition
    Price $335.00 plus shipping
    Only have 3 copies available (2 are here now and one is en-route to be delivered on Friday)
    Must order via e-mail - [email protected] - for this one due to the move of the server

Comment

King's Portland appearance was a blast. The CEO of Powell's came out with a large red balloon which got a pretty good reaction from the crow. For those hoping the book King has coming out next June is Talisman 3, I doubt it. King said he and Peter are in discussions now about writing it. I loved the banter between Owen and Stephen. Powell's did a great job of keeping the distribution ransom. The books were all in paper bags taped shut. Everyone was then opening them in the lobby area and it was fun hearing the screams when someone got a signed copy. Of the four people in our group we got one signed book, my wife pulled it! I will get pictures of it in my collection thread soon.

Comment

Have to agree with Martin - tonight was a lot of fun.

My group was just me and my GF and we waited until we got back to the car before opening our sealed bags. And we both managed to get signed copies! No complaints from me there.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
          Have to agree with Martin - tonight was a lot of fun.

My group was just me and my GF and we waited until we got back to the car before opening our sealed bags. And we both managed to get signed copies! No complaints from me there.
          Hey, TD, I think they gave you my signed copy by mistake!

Needless to say, I may have the memories (and it was indeed a great time), but seven hours of driving and I came away otherwise empty-handed.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Sounds like a great time! Ron, sorry you struck out, but remember, book Karma always balances lol!!!

Comment

Bummed you didn't get a signed copy, Ron. Thrilled that Martin and TD did! Though it sounds like your stop was more informative than the one in Chicago. SK kept all the discussion Owen related and didn't mention any of his upcoming projects.

Comment

Congrats, Martin and Jason! 2 for 2 is pretty awesome!

Comment

Ron, Sorry you did not get a signed copy. It was a great night but that is a bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                    Congrats, Martin and Jason! 2 for 2 is pretty awesome!
                    Thanks!

SK_OK.jpg
                    One of the dustjackets was less than perfect, but I'll just swap it out with the copy I got from Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                      Hey, TD, I think they gave you my signed copy by mistake!

Needless to say, I may have the memories (and it was indeed a great time), but seven hours of driving and I came away otherwise empty-handed.
                      I tried telling the guy handing the books out "are you sure this isn't Ron's copy?" He wasn't having any of it though.

Comment

There ya go. I like how that bagged up all the books.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                          There ya go. I like how that bagged up all the books.
                          I thought having them in sealed bags allowed for a fairer distribution. The person getting the book and the person handing out the book had no idea if it was signed.

Kudos to Powell's and the PCPA, the event went smooth without any glitches!

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                            I tried telling the guy handing the books out "are you sure this isn't Ron's copy?" He wasn't having any of it though.
                            Thanks for trying.
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Working...
                            X