Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Me too!!
    SWEET!! I did tell my wife that if she should happen to get a signed copy and I don't, I'm SURE she would want me to have it.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
      SWEET!! I did tell my wife that if she should happen to get a signed copy and I don't, I'm SURE she would want me to have it.
      Well, if my wife snags a signed copy, I'll be happy to store it on my bookshelf free of charge! Right next to our signed editions of Bag of Bones from the lat time he was in town. I am so excited. Good luck to you!!

Comment

Congratulations guys! Still waiting for details on the Portland appearance.

Comment

Well, if my wife snags a signed copy, I'll be happy to store it on my bookshelf free of charge! Right next to our signed editions of Bag of Bones from the lat time he was in town. I am so excited. Good luck to you!!
          Thanks! You too. I have the limited on order, so I won't be overly unhappy if I don't get one, but I'd sure love too!!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
            Thanks! You too. I have the limited on order, so I won't be overly unhappy if I don't get one, but I'd sure love too!!
            Me too. It would be great to have a signed trade edition--especially from an event where I got to see the Kings--but I will have a signed limited edition regardless. I also have the trade edition and slipcase on order (I bought it before CD announced the special editions) so if I get a signed edition, I'll put it in the slipcase and gawk.

Comment

The Chicago(land) venue holds 5,000. Other appearances have said up to 400 signed copies would be distributed randomly. If that's the same for Chicago appearance, then the chances of getting a signed copy aren't that great. What is that, less than 1 in 10? Math and me aren't on speaking terms.

Comment

The Chicago(land) venue holds 5,000. Other appearances have said up to 400 signed copies would be distributed randomly. If that's the same for Chicago appearance, then the chances of getting a signed copy aren't that great. What is that, less than 1 in 10? Math and me aren't on speaking terms.
                8% would get one. Actually less than 8% after I GET MINE!!!! LOLOLOL!!!!!

Comment

Tickets for the Brooklyn Heights New York event begin at 12:00 PM Eastern time on Monday July 10th:
                  http://booksaremagicsleepingbeauties...ertickets.com/

Comment

Portland Ticket information has finally been announced.

Tuesday, October 3, 2017, 7:30 p.m.
                    Newmark Theatre, 1111 SW Broadway, Portland
                    Tickets (limit 4 per order) are available beginning August 14 at Portland5.com, at the Portland’5 box office, by phone at 503-946-7272, and at all TicketsWest outlets. Each ticket guarantees entry to the event, as well as one hardcover edition of Sleeping Beauties.* As a special bonus, up to 400 of these books will be pre-signed and randomly distributed to lucky attendees at the event’s conclusion. This event will feature Stephen and Owen King in conversation and will be followed by an audience Q&A. There will not be a public signing at this event.

http://ev6.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomme...de=POWELLS&cgc

This theatre has a maximum capacity of 921. Assuming "Up to 400 signed copies" will mean 400 signed copies the odds of getting a signed copy is pretty good.

Comment

And for those who have not been to the Newmark. It is a really nice venue. This is a picture from the stage:

NEWMARK%203%20.jpg

Comment

Looks like my wife can't make it, so if I decide to make the trek from Seattle I will likely be flying solo on this one. Haven't yet decided if it's worth the drive.

Cons:
                        1). I've already seen King speak live.
                        2). I've already ordered the CD Gift Edition of SLEEPING BEAUTIES, so if I wind up w/ an unsigned trade it'll be redundant.
                        3). It's four hours both ways, in weekday traffic.

Pros:
                        1). It's Stephen King.
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                          Looks like my wife can't make it, so if I decide to make the trek from Seattle I will likely be flying solo on this one. Haven't yet decided if it's worth the drive.

Cons:
                          2). I've already ordered the CD Gift Edition of SLEEPING BEAUTIES, so if I wind up w/ an unsigned trade it'll be redundant.

Pros:
                          1). It's Stephen King.
                          Understood. The only other time I saw King live was in Seattle and my wife and I went together and stayed a few days. Making that drive solo and driving back late would give me pause. Fortunately for me downtown Portland is about a half hour drive for me.

At this point I believe this will probably be Mr. Kings last trip to the Northwest, don't even think he would come now if it wasn't to promote a project with Owen. This will be my second time seeing Stephen and first seeing Owen (assuming I secure tickets next Monday). My wife, though not to my level is excited to see him again as she enjoyed his sense of humor more than she expected. She also went with me once to see Joe and was shocked at how close his mannerisms and personality matched his dad's she is interested how close Owen is.

Comment

Hey Ron - I plan on making the trip down to PDX so if you want to only have to drive to Tacoma and go down the rest of the way with me and my GF you're more than welcome to.

This is all dependent on me getting two tickets when they go on sale.

Cons:

Pros:
                            1). It's Stephen King.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                              Hey Ron - I plan on making the trip down to PDX so if you want to only have to drive to Tacoma and go down the rest of the way with me and my GF you're more than welcome to.

This is all dependent on me getting two tickets when they go on sale.
                              Thanks, I really appreciate the offer. But I'm 50-50 at best on going, and if I do go down I'll probably end up staying that night with my brother who lives with my father in Wilsonville.
                              Might even hit Powell's the next day before heading home, turn a good trip into a great one. :-)
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

If you change your mind, the offer is there still.

I haven't seen SK (just JH a few years ago) so I'm really hoping for this trip.

Thanks, I really appreciate the offer. But I'm 50-50 at best on going, and if I do go down I'll probably end up staying that night with my brother who lives with my father in Wilsonville.
                                Might even hit Powell's the next day before heading home, turn a good trip into a great one. :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X