• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you make an offer on this book?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING...UAAOSw44BYlVKn

Note-minor bumping on one corner.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

I wouldn't personally, but even at the $99 price tag it is a fair price. Erin Wells is a heck of an artist, and it's nice that the book comes with a slipcase. However when it comes to collecting remarques for me, I want the artist to be tied to the work that is remarqued.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING...UAAOSw44BYlVKn

Note-minor bumping on one corner.

Cap
      I agree with Theli--$99 is a very fair price for a remarried limited of a Stephen King book. But I would pass only because that book was a disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        But I would pass only because that book was a disappointment.
        There is that too...

Comment

No. Like Theli says, I prefer the artist to be connected to the work (though I don't collect remarques, so take my opinion on that for what it's worth)...but even if not, trade HCs can be had for five bucks now at your local used bookseller...add $25 for the CD slipcase...totals $30...so that's $70 you're paying for the remarque, a remarque that, put kindly, I don't care for. Plus, as others have said, the book itself was poor. But if you do have to have a nice copy of that book, I'd suggest the CD Gift Edition...also slipcased, illustrated, and around the same price as this auction book...better bang for the buck.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

My biggest problem with doing remarques in the old days was the fact that I had to draw, ink or paint them into an existing book. If something went wrong, we were sometimes left with an unsaleable book. I recently did a few dozen remarques for a project, and I was sent pre-printed remarque sheets, which were to be trimmed and put into the book during the binding process. It was MUCH less stressful, let me tell you, and I was able to do better work because the sheets were flat.

Comment

Originally posted by keithminnion View Post
              My biggest problem with doing remarques in the old days was the fact that I had to draw, ink or paint them into an existing book. If something went wrong, we were sometimes left with an unsaleable book. I recently did a few dozen remarques for a project, and I was sent pre-printed remarque sheets, which were to be trimmed and put into the book during the binding process. It was MUCH less stressful, let me tell you, and I was able to do better work because the sheets were flat.
              I've always wondered how artists manage to do remarques well (and I've seen some great ones) in already-bound books, given that the book block is an inch or more higher than the surface upon which it rests, so it would seem to be a pretty awkward way of drawing for the artist.
              Last edited by RonClinton; 05-18-2017, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                I agree with Theli--$99 is a very fair price for a remarried limited of a Stephen King book. But I would pass only because that book was a disappointment.
                Obviously I mean remarqued despite what autocorrect wants. And I failed to notice that it was a trade edition. This just adds to my "no."

Comment

All good points by everyone. I was just curious. How did you see it's a trade edition?

Cap

Comment

All good points by everyone. I was just curious. How did you see it's a trade edition?

Cap
                    The dustjacket art and the size of the book; that is not the edition pub. by CD (plus that is the CD slipcase that was produced for the trade edition). If you still have doubts, you can also see that it says Scribner and Simon & Schuster on the copyright page.

This is the dj art for the oversized CD edition:

king07.jpg

...and this is its slipcase:
                    s-l300.jpg
                    Last edited by RonClinton; 05-18-2017, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Cap
                      Well that's the cover art for the trade edition. Also that's the slipcase we produced for the trade edition.
                      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                        The dustjacket art and the size of the book; that is not the edition pub. by CD (plus that is the CD slipcase that was produced for the trade edition). If you still have doubts, you can also see that it says Scribner and Simon & Schuster on the copyright page.

This is the dj art for the oversized CD edition:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19640[/ATTACH]

...and this is its slipcase:
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]19641[/ATTACH]
                        I believed you-Just wanted to know how you identified it. ~Cap

Comment

Not to hijack the thread, but I bought one of your books that you did a remarque on and it was gorgeous.

Originally posted by keithminnion View Post

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                            Not to hijack the thread, but I bought one of your books that you did a remarque on and it was gorgeous.
                            I did, too, and agree wholeheartedly about Keith's work...absolutely fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                              I did, too, and agree wholeheartedly about Keith's work...absolutely fantastic.
                              Me three!

Comment

Working...
                              X