Lettered Thunderstorm Titles For Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lettered Thunderstorm Titles For Sale

Highly unlikely set of circumstances put me in possession of duplicates of three of the JF Gonzalez 'Dark Worlds' volumes from Thunderstorm Books. As such, I am now hoping to re-home them to someone who will enjoy and appreciate them. The three books are PRIMITIVE, BACK FROM THE DEAD, and BULLY. These are Lettered releases with a print run of only 22 copies. Two are matching Letters while the third is PC. They are in as-new, unread condition. Upgraded specialty binding, colored chapter headings, satin ribbon page markers, imported deluxe endpapers, and gorgeous black foil stamping on the boards round out the list of amenities on these rare treasures. Getting people to part with their copies of these books is no mean feat and they are fairly tough to find in the wild. They originally listed at $125 each and were never available to the public outside of a short pre-order period. Please let me know if you'd like to own them. I am looking for $400 for the set, which is really quite a steal given how hard these are to run down.
    Last edited by Daninsky; 05-15-2017, 03:49 PM.

Well, color me surprised. I know that Thunderstorm Books aren't always the hottest sellers on the secondary market, but I have to admit that I figured these would be a sure exception. They're gorgeously produced, they virtually never come up for sale and when they do they have traditionally gone above List. If I can't catch anyone's eye with them here in the next few days, I guess I'll go try them on Fleabay. If you're on the fence about them, though, I will throw in the shipping, as well, for that 400 bucks. That's basically got you paying List for lettered books that have been OOP since pre-publication. Give me a shout in the next few days or I'll have to try to shift them elsewhere.
    Last edited by Daninsky; 05-23-2017, 12:51 AM.

Comment

I do dig the work that Thunderstorm put in and the product they put out, but they have very few authors in their roster that truly inspire my collecting bug. The price seems fair though. Best of luck on the sale.

Comment

I bought the Ron Kelly set, but I'm in the same boat as Theli. Hope you find them a good home.
        Last edited by mhatchett; 05-23-2017, 06:30 PM.

Comment

I'd love to collect those and more Thunderstorm books but not in my budget. I'm sure they'd go fast on a Keene board or eBay.

Comment

Unfortunately, there aren't too many authors out there whose name isn't King whose works tends to hold value these days, let alone increase. Centipede's releases and King (and, sure, a few others) tend to be the exception to the rule, but I haven't seen that rule extend to Thunderstorm releases, regardless of rarity. A friend and fellow collector who passed away recently had a vast collection of Thunderstorm books, and I was sad to see how much those books (and others in his large collection) went for on the open market. It was a sobering reminder that I need to collect what I like and want to read and keep, and not with an eye toward speculation of value.

I think the above suggestion of trying the Keene board is a good one...probably a few collectors there who would overlap onto collecting Gonzalez, given the relationship between he and Keene. Good luck!
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Fair enough, gentlemen. Thanks for your input. Like I said, I wasn't really even looking to make money on these, but I really hoped I'd be able to get List for them in their unread condition and given the rarity and gorgeous production value. This makes the third or fourth time someone has suggested I try and flog these on a Keene board, so I think I had better actually wise up and start digging into that. I don't really frequent any, so if any of you fine folks are regulars on a good one, feel free to let me know. Otherwise, I'm off to troll the search engines for a luck!

Like you, Ron, I typically only buy what I want to own and keep. I sell books once every year or two if that. I just happened to wind up with duplicates of a few of these, amazingly enough, and wanted to give someone else a chance to own them for List price.

Cheers, all!

Comment

Keene has an official forum, though there's not a lot of activity: http://briankeene.freeforums.net/

You would probably have better luck with the Brian Keene Fan Group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1800446143517216/

Comment

Thanks man!

Comment

Frankly, sometimes it comes to down to "right place, right time" with finding buyers and getting top price for books. There are a lot of times were I watch an auction on ebay and it goes for way lower than what I would be willing to pay, but I hold off bidding due to budget constraints. Depending on how fast you need to flip these books, putting them on ebay under a "Buy It Now" option might be your best bet. If I remember correctly a couple of these editions did go up for auction a few months or so back and did pretty well.

Comment

Working...
                    X