Joe Hill's Strange Weather:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe Hill's Strange Weather:

We all know that CD will be creating a Signed Limited of Mr. Hills upcoming collection. If you want a signed copy of the trade edition they can now be pre-ordered from Waterstreet books (http://www.waterstreetbooks.com/preo...ather-joe-hill).

I am actually holding off in hopes that he returns to Powell's.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    We all know that CD will be creating a Signed Limited of Mr. Hills upcoming collection. [/url]).
    Man, my memory lately have been like a sieve...completely forgot CD was doing it. I'd blame it on too many S/L announcements of late, but, boy, I'd sure expect myself to remember about Hill.

Thanks for the reminder.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I missed the CD announcement too, or saw it and have since forgotten I saw the link to order a signed copy of Strange Weather about two minutes after ordering a signed copy of Don Winslow's new book, The Force, so I held off on it for now.

Comment

I remember seeing it, now, but it had also slipped my mind.

Comment

Mr. Hill put on Twitter today that there will be a one week US tour and a one week UK tour. I hope he makes it to Portland for this one.

Comment

I liked Snapshot. Can't wait to read the other three stories. I also really like the Trade hardcover art.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
              I liked Snapshot. Can't wait to read the other three stories. I also really like the Trade hardcover art.
              Mr. Hill has also stated that he has modified Snapshot for the book.

Comment

They released the cover art for Joe Hills US Trade Edition of Strange Weather:
                Strange Weather US.jpg
                At first I did not really care for it.

But it started to grow on me.
                And then they released the cover art for the UK Trade Edition:
                Strange Weather UK.jpg

Well, now I really do not care for the US cover, because the UK cover is fantastic!

Comment

I have to agree. I kinda like the US cover because it's a little quirky, but the U.K. Cover blows it out of the water. Curious to see what CD does with their edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                    I have to agree. I kinda like the US cover because it's a little quirky, but the U.K. Cover blows it out of the water. Curious to see what CD does with their edition.
                    I agree that it is quirky. It is growing on me because of the detail in the art but it does not hold a candle to the UK cover.

Comment

Seems like the UK really steps up their game on the DJs. I'd pretty much take all their covers vs. the US. Talking the big press releases of course.

Comment

I disagree. I love that U.S. cover. I much prefer it to the UK version. Sorry, I'm not usually a contrarian.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                          I disagree. I love that U.S. cover. I much prefer it to the UK version. Sorry, I'm not usually a contrarian.
                          No sorries need. Tis why we always get multiple variants these days it seems . Especially the UK. I'm sure there will be a Goldsboro, Waterstones, WHSmith, etc. Although most of them us the same DJ with only color variants, page end colors, or whatnot. CD hasn't announced a slipcase for this title yet have they?

Comment

I don't think they've posted many details yet. Since its Hill, I wouldn't be surprised if their edition was slipcased.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                              I don't think they've posted many details yet. Since its Hill, I wouldn't be surprised if their edition was slipcased.
                              I sincerely hope it's open for the public to purchase, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X