Bubba and the Cosmic Blood Suckers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bubba and the Cosmic Blood Suckers

Is anyone interested in this title from SubPress? I'm on the fence about picking it up.

http://subterraneanpress.com/bubba-a...-blood-suckers

Doesn't exactly seem like my cup of tea, but I do dig Lansdale. Worth it for $40 I would say, as long as you like mondo fiction.

Comment

Bubba Ho-Tep is a great story (and great movie) and Lansdale excels at this type of story. If it was by anybody else it would be an easy pass for me. All that being said, I'm on the fence as well but more due to budgetary issues than anything else. With CD's pre-announcements I've become more cautious with my spending.

I have been thinking about picking up more Lansdale limiteds though. For as much as I like his work, I only have two limiteds in my collection. I kinda wish someone would do a Complete Short Fiction series of his work or begin reissuing deluxe versions of Hap and Leonard.

Comment

Interesting perspectives. Thanks. I don't think I've read any Lansdale (maybe a short story here or there) but I thought the movie was a riot and I love weird stuff like John Dies at the End. But yes, I need to be more budget-minded! Centipede Press looks like it's going to offer three books I want and with all CD has in the works, I don't have money to gamble.

Comment

Well, you guys were NO HELP. You were supposed t talk me out of it. But you didn't. And now I'm getting a copy in October.

Comment

Yeah, you came to the wrong place if you want to be talked OUT of something. That's what spouses and bill collectors are for.

Comment

We are here to help you spend money.

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
              Well, you guys were NO HELP. You were supposed t talk me out of it. But you didn't. And now I'm getting a copy in October.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                We are here to help you spend money.
                HAHAHA no lie. You're a bunch of enablers. Though it doesn't take much to enable me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                  Yeah, you came to the wrong place if you want to be talked OUT of something. That's what spouses and bill collectors are for.
                  Well, now you all have to buy a copy so it will be out of print and worth more down the line.

Comment

While I am a huge fan of Lansdale I might be one of the very few people who didn't really like Bubba. So I am passing on this.

Comment

Seeing all the Lansdale love that's going around in the CD forum and other places, I'm excited to begin reading him. Is there a Lansdale book you'd recommend since Bubba ain't your guy?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                        Seeing all the Lansdale love that's going around in the CD forum and other places, I'm excited to begin reading him. Is there a Lansdale book you'd recommend since Bubba ain't your guy?
                        For mystery/suspense, I'd recommend THE BOTTOMS and give honorary mention to FREEZER BURN.

For horror, I'd recommend THE DRIVE-IN (#1, the first of the trilogy) and give honorary mention to THE NIGHTRUNNERS.

For young adult, I'd recommend FENDER LIZARDS and give honorary mention to ALL THE EARTH, THROWN TO THE SKY.

For short-story collections, I'd recommend BY BIZARRE HANDS and give honorary mention to BLEEDING SHADOWS.

For westerns, I'd recommend THE MAGIC WAGON and give honorary mention to PARADISE SKY.

For novellas, I'd recommend THE BIG BLOW and give honorary mention to DEAD IN THE WEST.

Hope that helps...should keep you busy for a while.
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Wow. Thank you for that list! I'll probably start with the horror.

Comment

For me I would recommend The Complete Drive in. As well as Edge of Dark Water,The Bottoms and The Thicket

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                              For me I would recommend The Complete Drive in. As well as Edge of Dark Water,The Bottoms and The Thicket
                              I've been eyeballing a Centipede Press edition of The Drive In on eBay.

Comment

Working...
                              X