Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Bubba and the Cosmic Blood Suckers

  1. #21
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Theli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    2,789
    Rep Power
    11
    I forgot to say congrats on winning the auction!

  2. #22
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    I'm guessing the case with Jerad is just a mishap. I doubt there's any bad blood. Other than a minor disagreement with Stephen King I don't know anyone that has said anything negative about him. Lansdale is the same way. They both seem like agreeable people.

    I also doubt there's any bad blood between McCammon and Sub Press. It's all contracts. I wouldn't be surprised to see other new works from him come out from them in the future.

    Dark Regions... I got nothing to say on that.
    I hope you're right about everyone getting along to make money off of us (as well as entertain the hell out of us--and, in some cases, into us). I like collecting the same authors from different publishers.

    I laughed at your Dark Regions response. They're trying to sell a Grant Artist Edition of The Wind Through the Keyhole for $245 even as Grant has brand new copies available for $75. That markup might work if the internet didn't exist and they were the only bookstore with a copy in an isolated rural town.

  3. #23
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    I forgot to say congrats on winning the auction!

    Thanks. I was the only bidder. hahaha. This was at least the third time the seller listed these books for auction and no one was biting. Perhaps because Amazon has some CP editions available for less than this auction's starting bid. But I also got Paradise Sky so I'm cool with it.

  4. #24
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    My dealings with Jerad have all been top notch. I agree with Theli, it's all business. I doubt any of these guys would sign anything that looked like an exclusive contract. I wouldn't! Sub has done a great job with McCammon's work and I think we can all agree Lansdale's Drive In omnibus is a super nice volume. Sometimes, I think we watch too much TV/TMZ, the world does not always spin on drama. Thank God LOL!!
    You're right. Too much ginned up drama. I'm desensitized to it while also expecting it.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Theli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    2,789
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I hope you're right about everyone getting along to make money off of us (as well as entertain the hell out of us--and, in some cases, into us). I like collecting the same authors from different publishers.

    I laughed at your Dark Regions response. They're trying to sell a Grant Artist Edition of The Wind Through the Keyhole for $245 even as Grant has brand new copies available for $75. That markup might work if the internet didn't exist and they were the only bookstore with a copy in an isolated rural town.
    It's sad in a way because they are ultimately just taking advantage of their devoted (or ignorant) customers. The rest of us see a price and do a bit of online shopping. It's amazing what can be achieved in 10 minutes of searching. It's not like when you needed to literally drive around town to find the best price.

  6. #26
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    It's sad in a way because they are ultimately just taking advantage of their devoted (or ignorant) customers. The rest of us see a price and do a bit of online shopping. It's amazing what can be achieved in 10 minutes of searching. It's not like when you needed to literally drive around town to find the best price.
    Very true. Though I will say they've been hanging on to that edition for quite a while now. So I'd imagine anyone interested has done their homework.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Inmate TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    348
    Rep Power
    4
    Congrats on winning!

    And I LOVED Paradise Sky. I think it was one of the first half dozen things I read by Lansdale and absolutely loved it.

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Thanks. I was the only bidder. hahaha. This was at least the third time the seller listed these books for auction and no one was biting. Perhaps because Amazon has some CP editions available for less than this auction's starting bid. But I also got Paradise Sky so I'm cool with it.

  8. #28
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Congrats on winning!

    And I LOVED Paradise Sky. I think it was one of the first half dozen things I read by Lansdale and absolutely loved it.
    Thanks. I can't wait to start reading Lansdale. Just got to finish Gerald's Game first.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •