Cemetery Dance 2017 and 2018:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Just a guess, but I would not expect CD to repeat titles that Subpress has already done. Particularly, having done them so recently.
    Yeah I doubt it too. But sometimes these special editions follow each other pretty closely. I'm thinking of the PS edition of The Shining being pretty recent when CD announced theirs. Same thing with Night Shift. Unless it's different because they're across the pond. Or my memory is seriously out of whack. Both are excellent possibilities. I don't know.

Comment

Good thing I just got a raise.

Those non-announced announcement are killer.

Plus added to the upcoming books that Joe Lansdale mentioned at his Seattle signing, it's going to be a pricey 2017/2018.

Comment

I do know I'm going to be in a quandary when Centipede does their edition of Bradbury's Something Wicked This Way Comes. I already own the Gauntlet edition and the PS edition plus a trade edition, I mean how many editions of the same book do I need? It will be a tough call, depending on the price. I'm limiting my King purchases to CD, though I have to be honest and admit I bought the PS Salem's lot and really liked they way they had done it, in 3 vols. so many books, so little money lol!!

Comment

I must like torturing myself. Because here I am, reading Richard's update again. Like an idiot. Just dying to secure my copies of ALL THE BOOKS. Can you die from anticipation? WebMD has me blocked on all devices because I'm there so often with questions that the server thinks I'm launching a Denial of Service attack. But I'm pretty sure that WebMD would tell me that I'm about to die from anticipation. I thought leaving this comment here would help. It didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
            I do know I'm going to be in a quandary when Centipede does their edition of Bradbury's Something Wicked This Way Comes. I already own the Gauntlet edition and the PS edition plus a trade edition, I mean how many editions of the same book do I need? It will be a tough call, depending on the price. I'm limiting my King purchases to CD, though I have to be honest and admit I bought the PS Salem's lot and really liked they way they had done it, in 3 vols. so many books, so little money lol!!
            Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

OK, so was someone monitoring this thread? Because the email about the collector's club went out right after I was pining for some advance notice. So of course I bought in. I'm weeping for my future. They are tears of joy and pain.

Comment

I did not receive this email. I wonder if it was for persons not currently in the CDCC.

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                OK, so was someone monitoring this thread? Because the email about the collector's club went out right after I was pining for some advance notice. So of course I bought in. I'm weeping for my future. They are tears of joy and pain.
                Last edited by Martin; 04-04-2017, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  I did not receive this email. I wonder if it was for persons not currently in the CDCC.
                  Yes. It was an offer for initial scoffers. Those like me who passed on the initial invite and were hoping to buy back some redemption.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                    They did. I actually bought two. One for me and one for oldest son.
                    Sure, that's a good excuse! I gotta remember to use that one when I buy multiple copies of books!
                    Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      You are correct. Half a year of the CDCC emails with discounts and the such, but they do not get the physical bonus items coming to the full-year members.

Brian
                      Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                        Story of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                          Sure, that's a good excuse! I gotta remember to use that one when I buy multiple copies of books!
                          Totally. My wife can't get mad if it's "for the kids"!!

Comment

I'm incredibly excited to see what the two other McCammon books are going to be! Sub Press has yet to do two of my favorite McCammon books so I'm hoping that the might be coming from CD. I'm just saying that Mystery Walk and Usher's Passing lettered editions would look great on my shelf!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                              I'm incredibly excited to see what the two other McCammon books are going to be! Sub Press has yet to do two of my favorite McCammon books so I'm hoping that the might be coming from CD. I'm just saying that Mystery Walk and Usher's Passing lettered editions would look great on my shelf!
                              Richard answered two of my questions during the live Q&A he did on Facebook.
                              1. He told us that Ned Dameron was the artist for the CD edition of The Stand.
                              2. One of the two unannounced McCammon books was going to be a short illustrated book much like The Dark Man. I don't recall the name of the book, but it wasn't one of his old novels.

I think in addition to Mystery Walk and Usher's Passing, the only other one SubPress didn't do was Mine. Unless I just didn't see it.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up! I need to get around to watching that video. You're right about Mine, but also I don't think they've done Gone South.

Comment

Working...
                                X