No announcement yet.

"The Other" Thomas Tryon Centipede Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And we are sooo far off topic for this thread. hahahahaha. I had an old paperback of The Other. Really cool read. And that's all I have to say on the actual topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Daninsky View Post
      I have a decent number of traycased Centipede editions, though THE OTHER is not one of them. It's a worthy goal to seek after, but as others have mentioned here, not an easy one. I did want to mention, though, that Jerad basically produced two 'levels' of traycased works. THE OTHER (like THE NIGHTWALKER, and most others in that era) is basically the exact same as the limited edition, but bound in leather and with a very small, tight traycase. He also did extremely opulent 'full deluxe' traycased editions of a smaller number of books that were massively oversized with very special binding, portfolios of art prints, etc. Both types are worth owning, but I felt you should know that THE OTHER is going to be the smaller, less opulent style of 'deluxe.'

I have photos posted of all of my traycased Centipedes in my thread in the Members' Collections sub-forum if you want to look at them and get an idea. Good luck!
      Daninsky,
      Thank you for explaining that. I had no idea about the differences. It's hard to tell from just Google Images. It sounds like it may be better (and cheaper) to aspire for the limited edition. Thanks again!

Comment

There is a Centipede Press book by this author on eBay-Harvest Home-in hardcover.

Cap
        Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

As someone who has both THE OTHER and HARVEST HOME in Centipede's editions, the latter is a far more attractive volume than the former. THE OTHER was one of Jerad's earlier volumes, and he was still figuring out how he wanted his books produced.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I can help out a bit more on this one. I have a copy of the deluxe and one of the states of the limited. I'm pretty sure the limited had two states: one with a black and yellow cover and one with a black only cover.

That's the limited on the left, the deluxe in the middle, and the case for the deluxe on the right.

The deluxe is actually narrower than the limited edition.

The deluxe has a different type of paper and different end sheets. There are also little differences in the interior between the two, in terms of some of the design in the front and back matter. The paper on the deluxe is much thicker and the binding is really tight. In my opinion, there are a number of nice touches in the limited that are different from the deluxe. In some ways, I like these little touches in the limited better.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              As someone who has both THE OTHER and HARVEST HOME in Centipede's editions, the latter is a far more attractive volume than the former. THE OTHER was one of Jerad's earlier volumes, and he was still figuring out how he wanted his books produced.
              Thanks Ron! That's good to know.

Comment

Working...
              X