"The Other" Thomas Tryon Centipede Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Other" Thomas Tryon Centipede Press

I was looking for a copy of "The Other" published by Centipede Press. I've seen the limited edition floating around, but if anyone knows where I can purchase a copy of the traycased edition, please let me know! I think there were only 15 copies of this edition produced.

Thanks!

I don't think I've ever seen one for sale. These Centipede editions are hard to come by, though I did see a traycased Nightwalker by Tessier a year or two back. I'll keep an eye out. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks Sock Monkey! They are!!! I'm just getting in to collecting and I'm trying to go back and find some of these older editions. Appreciate you looking out for a copy!
      Last edited by mphprez; 03-16-2017, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mphprez View Post
        I'm just getting in to collecting
        You're starting right at the top of the price and rarity scale if you're looking for Centipede lettereds. Good luck, and have fun.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
          You're starting right at the top of the price and rarity scale if you're looking for Centipede lettereds. Good luck, and have fun.
          On the flip side, it only gets less expensive from there!

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
            On the flip side, it only gets less expensive from there!
            Well, there's a first edition Dracula signed by Bram Stoker on eBay right now for $52k

Comment

Thanks Ron! It's one of my favorite books and I was hoping to get the best edition I could find. Plus I love a nice tray case.

Comment

Good point! We'll see how it goes!!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                  Well, there's a first edition Dracula signed by Bram Stoker on eBay right now for $52k
                  That's a lot. I saw one in a Dublin bookstore for around $30k a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                    That's a lot. I saw one in a Dublin bookstore for around $30k a few years ago.
                    I was shocked that they'd sell an item like that on eBay! Aren't there more appropriate venues for a sale at that level?

Comment

I was shocked that they'd sell an item like that on eBay! Aren't there more appropriate venues for a sale at that level?
                      I suspect the expectation is that interested parties will arrange for the sale outside of eBay and the listing is just a free advertisement.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                        I suspect the expectation is that interested parties will arrange for the sale outside of eBay and the listing is just a free advertisement.
                        Interesting. Though it will get more attention on eBay, it might not get the right attention--from someone who has $52k to spend on a book. That's why those high end auction houses exist. They have access to the right check writers. But I don't doubt putting that book on eBay was a publicity stunt of some kind.

Comment

I think it's one of those things where there's no reason not to. It gets advertising for a big sale, and if it sells, all the better! The auction houses would definitely work, but they are a bit more risky (as in if it auctions and you don't get what you want) and the house always takes a more than fair share.

Comment

Oh sure, there are a lot of expensive antiquarian genre books out there...I was referring in my post to contemporary small-press genre works, of which lettered Centipedes would almost certainly be among the top in value and desirability, if not *the* top (as opposed to CD, Sub Press, Dark Regions, Thunderstorm, et al).
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I think only a few lettered SubPress titles (ASoIaF, Malazan) and a few specific King titles from various presses come close.

Comment

Working...
                              X