Very excited for this one!!
I'm holding off on ordering this for now. I'm hoping I can get a copy of the s/l that will be announced next week, if I fail with that attempt hopefully the Rich signed trade copies will still be available.
Dan, I see some Facebook chatter as to which Lonely Roads book you had to have previously purchased in order to get first chance to order this one. Any clarification on that?
So, our friends at Cemetery Dance have had a busy day.
I will try and recap things I have seen from a variety of sources regarding Gwendy's Button Box:
* Cemetery Dance will offer the only Trade Hardcover
* The Trade Hard Cover is available in four states:
- Trade Hardcover.
- Trade Hardcover with Slipcase.
- Trade Hardcover signed by Richard Chizmar.
- Trade Hardcover with Slipcase signed by Richard Chizmar.
* Trade Hardcover will release May 30th 2017.
* Print run for first editions has not been set. (Brian will release numbers when decision is made)
* Will be released as an eBook.
* Audio Book is in the works but not yet finalized.
* Lonely Road Books will be releasing a signed limited and Lettered.
- 350 Signed Limited to be sold.
- 52 Signed Lettered to be sold.
* Persons who purchased Lonely Road Books last release. (William Peter Blatty’s Lost Screenplay Collection) will be offered the Limited and Lettered of this title.
- This offer could come as soon as tomorrow.
* Additional copies will be offered via a Lottery. (Mr. Freeman has mentioned plans for the TDT.org folks)
* Retail on the Limited and Lettered are unknown. (Blockade Billy was $450.00 and $1,250.00)
* Trade editions have cover art by Ben Baldwin and interior art by Keith Minnion.
- Unknown if other artists will handle the Limited/Lettered. (Blockade Billy used the same artists but had additional art)
* Release dates on the Limited and Lettered are unknown.
* Relation to the news Hulu series 'Castle Rock' is unknown. (JJ Abrams is quoted saying “Man, I love this story! The whole thing just races and feels so right-sized and so scarily and sadly relevant. Loved the characters… and the sense of one little girl’s connection to the whole world through this weird device. It all just sang.”)
* Bev Vincent will have in interview (posted tomorrow) with the authors explaining how this came about.
* With references to a man in black and a Palavar, a Dark Tower connection is being hinted at.
Last edited by Martin; 03-01-2017 at 03:02 AM.
I nearly bought that soooo many times to match my LR Exorcist. I hate myself right now! Congrats to everyone that gets the chance though!!!
Bev Vincent interviews Stephen King and Richard Chizmar:
Great interview! Interesting to see how the work came to be (and a nice shout out to you Brian).
Most recently offered was THE WILLIAM PETER BLATTY SCRIPT SET, but I hear the pain of the BLOCKADE BILLY collectors and I am doing my best to see that some copies are available for them to avoid the lottery. Will do my best!
Copied the above from the closed thread.
I do hope this will work out, Brian. I ordered each and every Blockade Billy edition that was available and to miss out on this new publication...big ouch.
Do we know for sure that if we pre-ordered the Blatty screenplay set we are guaranteed a chance to get a S/L of this? So there's no need to check sites and message boards obsessively in fear of missing out? Am I safe to just wait for an email?
I ordered the Trade signed slipcase edition. Not sure if I will order the signed limited edition. It's nice to know that I will have the opportunity first thanks to ordering the Blatty set.