Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kings Way Press discussion

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    I don't deal with them.
    Based on what I've seen here, I won't ever.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    I don't deal with them.
    One needs to have the patience of Job and the unerring trust in their fellow man to do so. Unfortunately, I don't have either. I also don't have any interest in any thing they've published or plan to publish, so I admit that does make it easier.

That said, the failure and shennanigans (not necessarily suggesting that in this case but rather it's been known to occur at other times) of any small press undermines the solvency and customer trust of the small-press industry that we all enjoy, so I do hope they are ultimately able to make a go of it.

Member Part-timer
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    One needs to have the patience of Job and the unerring trust in their fellow man to do so. Unfortunately, I don't have either. I also don't have any interest in any thing they've published or plan to publish, so I admit that does make it easier.

That said, the failure and shennanigans (not necessarily suggesting that in this case but rather it's been known to occur at other times) of any small press undermines the solvency and customer trust of the small-press industry that we all enjoy, so I do hope they are ultimately able to make a go of it.
    I'm sure most collectors hope that they succeed. The limited editions that they produced were great quality. Unfortunately, that was a long time ago. This thread was started over a year ago after collectors had already waited a number of years to see any products. The company is obviously still active. They release paperbacks and now they have some hardcovers due. If any of these are the overdue limited editions then that at least is progress. If they are not then personally my patience is exhausted.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    I hate to pile on, but I agree that it’s hard to keep positive when dealing with situations such as these. I have no stake in this particular case, but it can be discouraging seeing presses take missteps. I would like all small presses to thrive and be successful, especially since most get into it with good intentions. I feel this way with DRP. I want them to succeed but sometimes shake my head in confusion about things.