Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 73 of 73

Thread: Kings Way Press discussion

  1. #61
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    I don't deal with them.
    Based on what I've seen here, I won't ever.

  2. #62
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    835
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    I don't deal with them.
    One needs to have the patience of Job and the unerring trust in their fellow man to do so. Unfortunately, I don't have either. I also don't have any interest in any thing they've published or plan to publish, so I admit that does make it easier.

    That said, the failure and shennanigans (not necessarily suggesting that in this case but rather it's been known to occur at other times) of any small press undermines the solvency and customer trust of the small-press industry that we all enjoy, so I do hope they are ultimately able to make a go of it.

  3. #63
    Member Part-timer
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    One needs to have the patience of Job and the unerring trust in their fellow man to do so. Unfortunately, I don't have either. I also don't have any interest in any thing they've published or plan to publish, so I admit that does make it easier.

    That said, the failure and shennanigans (not necessarily suggesting that in this case but rather it's been known to occur at other times) of any small press undermines the solvency and customer trust of the small-press industry that we all enjoy, so I do hope they are ultimately able to make a go of it.
    I'm sure most collectors hope that they succeed. The limited editions that they produced were great quality. Unfortunately, that was a long time ago. This thread was started over a year ago after collectors had already waited a number of years to see any products. The company is obviously still active. They release paperbacks and now they have some hardcovers due. If any of these are the overdue limited editions then that at least is progress. If they are not then personally my patience is exhausted.

  4. #64
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,743
    Rep Power
    10
    I hate to pile on, but I agree that it’s hard to keep positive when dealing with situations such as these. I have no stake in this particular case, but it can be discouraging seeing presses take missteps. I would like all small presses to thrive and be successful, especially since most get into it with good intentions. I feel this way with DRP. I want them to succeed but sometimes shake my head in confusion about things.

  5. #65
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    89
    Rep Power
    7
    Has anyone heard any updates about KWP or status? I had a lifetime trade, received a couple of books from them several years ago and then nothing since.
    It seems like an email at least explaining that they are folding and there would be no more books coming would at least be in order, if that's what it's come to.
    Of course Zack or whoever can also PM me here, but we had a brief email correspondence, promises of shipping, and then nothing.

  6. #66
    Senior Member Inmate
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    453
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by ClydeUmney View Post
    Has anyone heard any updates about KWP or status? I had a lifetime trade, received a couple of books from them several years ago and then nothing since.
    It seems like an email at least explaining that they are folding and there would be no more books coming would at least be in order, if that's what it's come to.
    Of course Zack or whoever can also PM me here, but we had a brief email correspondence, promises of shipping, and then nothing.
    Same thing with me. Got the first box and then nothing ever since.

  7. #67
    Junior Member Visitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0
    Same here. Nothing for some time now. Last e-mail stated that a new hardcover was coming out for all life time members but I haven't seen it yet.

  8. #68
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,565
    Rep Power
    22
    I have inquired about a book I have on order forever. No response at all. I'm getting ready to contact the author to see if he is still working with Zack. This guy is full of promises but doesn't seem to be able to follow through. It's really kind of sad as he is giving other small presses a bad name when legitimate issues come up.

  9. #69
    Junior Member Visitor
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    I have inquired about a book I have on order forever. No response at all. I'm getting ready to contact the author to see if he is still working with Zack. This guy is full of promises but doesn't seem to be able to follow through. It's really kind of sad as he is giving other small presses a bad name when legitimate issues come up.
    What book are you looking for? I don't have ANY unanswered emails in my inbox.

    I have a new email account I set up because some responses are seeming to go to the recipients spam or are ending up lost in the ether.

    Contact me at zpowellkwp5@gmail.com

    I am currently away with my family at the beach and reception is spotty. I'll be back in town 5/5.

    Z.

  10. #70
    Junior Member Visitor
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    Same here. Nothing for some time now. Last e-mail stated that a new hardcover was coming out for all life time members but I haven't seen it yet.
    You wouldn't have seen it yet. If you're getting the newsletters, the last one stated the unannounced and ultra limited hardcover (30 copies) would be shipping in 3 weeks. It's been less than that.

    Z.

  11. #71
    Junior Member Visitor
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ClydeUmney View Post
    Has anyone heard any updates about KWP or status? I had a lifetime trade, received a couple of books from them several years ago and then nothing since.
    It seems like an email at least explaining that they are folding and there would be no more books coming would at least be in order, if that's what it's come to.
    Of course Zack or whoever can also PM me here, but we had a brief email correspondence, promises of shipping, and then nothing.

    KWP has NOT folded. It is NOT folding. It will NEVER fold.

    Are you getting the newsletters? I am trying to keep up regular communication through them.

    Don't want sympathy, but I lost my mother who I was very close to late last year. Worse yet was that I lost my teen daughter who was the light of my life earlier this year.

    Needless to say it's been hard. But if these things aren't enough to make me fold, nothing will.

    Maybe our communications are getting lost? It's been a problem communicating through the website email, even with artists.

    Please shoot me an email with inquiries to the new email address: zpowellkwp5@gmail.com

    It's always better to send me messages direct. This kind of speculation on an open forum leads to needless panic. People who weren't worried become worried. Then I get inundated with emails and panicked inquires and spend more time than I should calming people.

    And sometimes I won't see things here so it only delays getting a response.

    I am away with a much needed vacation until 5/5. Internet is spotty here at best.

    Please shoot me an email and I will answer it either before or shortly after I return home.

    If you're not getting the newsletters, let me know so I can add you to the list.

    If you haven't liked the KWP Facebook page, please do so. Sometimes updates are posted there first as it's quicker to post there than it is to send an email blast.

    Thanks for reaching out,

    Z.

  12. #72
    Senior Member Inmate
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    453
    Rep Power
    7
    Email sent.

  13. #73
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    1,708
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by KING'SWAYPRESS View Post
    KWP has NOT folded. It is NOT folding. It will NEVER fold.

    Are you getting the newsletters? I am trying to keep up regular communication through them.

    Don't want sympathy, but I lost my mother who I was very close to late last year. Worse yet was that I lost my teen daughter who was the light of my life earlier this year.

    Needless to say it's been hard. But if these things aren't enough to make me fold, nothing will.

    Maybe our communications are getting lost? It's been a problem communicating through the website email, even with artists.

    Please shoot me an email with inquiries to the new email address: zpowellkwp5@gmail.com

    It's always better to send me messages direct. This kind of speculation on an open forum leads to needless panic. People who weren't worried become worried. Then I get inundated with emails and panicked inquires and spend more time than I should calming people.

    And sometimes I won't see things here so it only delays getting a response.

    I am away with a much needed vacation until 5/5. Internet is spotty here at best.

    Please shoot me an email and I will answer it either before or shortly after I return home.

    If you're not getting the newsletters, let me know so I can add you to the list.

    If you haven't liked the KWP Facebook page, please do so. Sometimes updates are posted there first as it's quicker to post there than it is to send an email blast.

    Thanks for reaching out,

    Z.
    Although I'm not a customer, Zack, my deepest sympathies for the loss of your mother and your daughter. We lost my young nephew about a year and a half ago so I can understand how tough that can be. Best wishes moving forward.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •