• Show
Clear All

R.I.P. William Peter Blatty

So sorry to read the news this morning.

I'm sad to hear this as well.

Comment

That's really too bad. RIP.

Comment

He had a pretty fascinating career as a writer. Very wry and interesting sense of humor. Always sad to lose a good one, but I must confess that 89 years is a pretty damned good run. Hope I get as many out of this world. He'll be missed in any event and I'll raise a glass to him this afternoon. RIP.
        Last edited by Daninsky; 01-13-2017, 06:26 PM.

Comment

I saw the movie The Exorcist long before I read the book. The book still managed to freak me out and I don't really spook easily. I will read more of his work this year. R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
            I saw the movie The Exorcist long before I read the book. The book still managed to freak me out and I don't really spook easily. I will read more of his work this year. R.I.P.
            It is a really well written work, both film and book, and it's amazing how they can be so similar yet strikingly unique to themselves that one can appreciate both. One of the few movies/books where both are of equal quality. Likely part of that had to do with Blatty adapting his own work for the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
              It is a really well written work, both film and book, and it's amazing how they can be so similar yet strikingly unique to themselves that one can appreciate both. One of the few movies/books where both are of equal quality. Likely part of that had to do with Blatty adapting his own work for the screen.
              I agree that his involvement in the screenplay help keep the movie true to the story. However, many writers fail to grasp that you can add visual elements and stay true to the story. I am not real big on screenplays but am looking forward to the Lost Screenplays from Lonely Road. I am especially intrigued to read his screenplay for One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest.

Comment

Sad news to begin 2017. RIP
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Agreed. RIP Mr. Blatty.

Comment

I feel so upset.

Comment

Working...
                    X