Centipede Press' Sunday a.m. emails...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Centipede Press' Sunday a.m. emails...

Anybody miss Jerad's Sunday a.m. emails when he skips a week? It's fun when they're sweetened by a limited-time discount, but even when not his recollections of teenage adventures, childhood toys, etc. are always a delight to read and a neat little boost to my Sunday mornings. If only all publishers marketed themselves that smartly...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

I do. They're something I look forward to, and for a while he was on such a roll with them they just became part of my Sundays.

It is good marketing, like you say. Not just 'buy me! buy me!' but 'this is who I am.' I've got a lot of respect for that guy.
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

I've really been impressed with Centipede. I originally signed up to get Ender's Game, and have since purchased probably more books that I should have since.

From the newsletter to the shipping manner (and care) to just Jerad's general attitude has been great. (No names, but there are a few small publishers that come across less than nice.)

Oh, and the "secret" discounts are always nice too.

Comment

I agree. I enjoying waking up on Sunday, reading the newsletter (it's just comfortable and enjoyable) then slowly going on with a nice relaxing day off. I love the updates, and the discounts. But like you said, I also enjoy the recollections and observations. Even the top 10 lists for music or movies from customers is cool. I also like that they are scheduled, every Sunday, or every other Sunday when it's a holiday. I know it's coming, and I don't get overloaded with them.

Comment

It's great. It builds a real relationship with people just like this forum does.

Comment

I do. I even emailed him and told him so!
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Argh. Another Centipede-less Sunday. It just ain't the same, I tell ya...
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I hear ya. I always read other email first and check whatever notifications I have, and then sit down and read this week's newsletter.

Comment

^Too true.

Comment

Just thought I would post here, that I'm really excited about Centipede's upcoming release of THE CIRCUS OF DR LAO by Charles G. Finney looks like it will be fantastic! Can't wait to put it up next to my copies of The Magician out of Manchuria and The Old China Hands
                    Last edited by mhatchett; 04-02-2017, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X