No announcement yet.

Film noir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, should have poster earlier, but I'm OK if there are other suggestions. Still have a few of the great noirs to get to, like Mildred Pierce, Night of the Hunter and such. They Live By Night was just released by Criterion, and I've only seen part of it.

Is anyone up for Wednesday night?
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Wednesday works for me!

Comment

Should work for me as well, I could use another viewing of Night of the Hunter, it's been a while...

Comment

Alright let's make this official. Movie night tomorrow. I'm thinking between 8 and 9PM CST. Whichever time works better. As for a movie, I'm down for They Live by Night or Night of the Hunter. Basically as long the movie has Night in the title.

If you're new and want to join, send me a PM and I will add you to our Google Hangouts chat group.

Comment

Yay! Whacchu wanna watch Andrew?

Comment

I wish the Davis Grubb e-book wasn't so overpriced so I could read it first, but I'm still leaning towards The Night of the Hunter. Something tells me the film's as good as they say.
              -John Barth

Comment

Good choice!

Comment

Make it so!

Which time works better for you guys? We're all in different time zones so it's tough to find a perfect time, but let's try for the best option possible. Being located in the middle of the continent, it really doesn't matter to me.

Comment

I'm fine with the same time we had before, though I've shifted a timezone over and would start at 8. We OK with 7 PDT, 8 MDT, 9 CDT and 10 EDT?
                    -John Barth

Comment

Should be fine with me!

Comment

Let's do it!

And by it, I mean watch Night of the Hunter. Not sex.

Comment

It was a great movie last night. It was fun shooting the shit with you guys too. We'll have to do it again, sooner rather than later.

Comment

Agreed! I'm anxiously awaiting Andrew's review.

Comment

This is the scene I was talking about the other night guys.

Spoiler!

Comment

For comparison...

Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
                                X