Entertainment Weekly interview with Richard Chizmar about A Long December:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entertainment Weekly interview with Richard Chizmar about A Long December:

Entertainment Weekly has a new interview with Richard Chizmar about A Long December and the direction of Cemetery Dance Magazine.

I have been looking forward to receiving A Long December but the stories mentioned in this interview have moved this one to the top of my list. The stories mentioned sound fantastic. I believe I have read one of them before but am not sure.

Richard also talks about the direction for Cemetery Dance going forward.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/12/16...cemetery-dance

It's a terrific collection...just finished it and enjoyed it a great deal.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Thanks for sharing, Martin. I found it funny how Richard and my wife have the same take on Christmas music. We were on the way to the grocery store the other day, said music comes over the radio, and my wife says, "I hate Christmas music. It's just so damn depressing"!

Comment

Great article! I'd skipped on the Long December initially, but maybe I will end up picking it up after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
          Thanks for sharing, Martin. I found it funny how Richard and my wife have the same take on Christmas music. We were on the way to the grocery store the other day, said music comes over the radio, and my wife says, "I hate Christmas music. It's just so damn depressing"!
          I agree with that sentiment completely and feel the same way about most children's stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
            Great article! I'd skipped on the Long December initially, but maybe I will end up picking it up after all.
            I ordered it right away but I think I forgot to send a note to Mindy to get Rich to personalize it.

Comment

I'm sure we all have one of those stations that plays Christmas music from around Labor Day forward . . . I never realized just how much awful Christmas music there is. Especially from the 80s. I'm sorry Stevie Nicks - the coke wasn't good for you.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                I'm sure we all have one of those stations that plays Christmas music from around Labor Day forward . . . I never realized just how much awful Christmas music there is. Especially from the 80s. I'm sorry Stevie Nicks - the coke wasn't good for you.
                Sirius (Satellite Radio) always several different Christmas stations after Thanksgiving. I have tried to give each one a chance but a lot of the Christmas music out there is un-listenable for me.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                  Yep, we have one of those stations here.

Comment

For those with Satellite radio a longer version of this interview is available On Demand on Entertainment Weekly Radio. It is on 'Behind the Scenes'.

Comment

Around here, at least, they're also mixing in songs that clearly are NOT Christmas songs, but someone decided "close enough" and went with it!
                      Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Working...
                      X