X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pumpkinhead reboot - filming 2017

Yep - another remake....

http://sciencefiction.com/2016/08/04...-producer-saw/

I recently watched this. Yes, the effects are dated, and parts of the movie are quite high on the cheesy side - but I still remember enjoying it "back in the day".

I always enjoyed the first Pumpkinhead. It isn't a great movie by any means but it has its charms. Does it need reboot? No, not really, but of all the reboots that are being made, at least one is for a movie that has some untapped potential.

Comment

It was a fun movie. My wife really digs it so I'm sure we'll be off to see the reboot once it hits.

Comment

Loved the original. Pumpkinhead is such smart ass it's hilarious.

Comment

I remember seeing the original on late night cable--terrific movie. Remake it? Sigh. Why not, Hollywood is flush out of original ideas and it will probably just make the original look better.
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Big fan of the original.
            “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
            -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Great to see so much love for the original! I hope that the reboot keeps practical effects for the creature as the design is one of the best and I'd hate for it to be ruined by crappy CGI. Or even good CGI, in fact. Okay, I'm gonna make my stand: practical effects kick CGI's butt any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Comment

^You said it brother. Part of why Krampus was such an enjoyable movie.

Comment

Working...
                X