Netflix: Stranger Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netflix: Stranger Things

Anybody check this out on the weekend? It was released on Friday (at least for Canadian Netflix).

I thought this was an absolutely well done series! Kind of horror, kind of sci-fi - a well blended mix of both actually!

Certainly makes you wonder if there is a season 2 in store.

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
    Anybody check this out on the weekend? It was released on Friday (at least for Canadian Netflix).

I thought this was an absolutely well done series! Kind of horror, kind of sci-fi - a well blended mix of both actually!

Certainly makes you wonder if there is a season 2 in store.
    My kid said he really liked it. He's more on the sci-fi/fantasy side. I haven't checked it out yet.

Comment

We watched the first episode last night. I wasn't sure the GF was going to enjoy it - I read a little bit about the show (nothing spoilery) and she didn't understand what I meant by Spielberg-ian . . .

We enjoyed the first episode quite a bit. Visually it was a lot of fun - I LOVED the flashing lights in the hallway.

Spoiler!

Comment

I dig it so far. The synth soundtrack's cool, too. They're doing a good job of capturing the period, even getting the 80's fonts right.
        “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
        -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

I watched the first episode last night and thought it was pretty good. I have no real love or nostalgia for the 80s, so that didn't do much for me, but I am looking forward to watching the rest of the first season. I read somewhere that Matthew Modine has confirmed that there will be a second season--which is supposed to be more of sequel than a continuation--so that's good news to all the fans.

Comment

The show is excellent, bordering on something more. By the end it is something more. Netflix, great job. Stranger Things beats most everything on television.

5- stars
            -John Barth

Comment

I have two more episodes to go--which I'm going to watch tonight-- and I have to say that I'm really enjoying the show. I had initially thought that it was just going to be from the POV of the kids, but the show has really spread its wings and developed a well-rounded cast of characters (with Hopper being by far my favorite). It's also great to Winona Ryder again.

Comment

I got chills twice watching the show, both in episode 3 and both during Winona scenes. And you're right, Hopper was great. It's so cool to see a deeply flawed character like him, the opposite of the 80's male hero, as a great 80's male hero. He brought nice contrast to everything.

I might watch it again.
                -John Barth

Comment

I too really enjoyed the series. Great 80's nostalgia with more than a bit of Stephen King influence (Carpenter and Spielberg too). I thought Ryder was a bit over the top, not terrible but a bit of over acting. The rest of the cast, the kids especially, were tops.

Did anyone else get the impression that the series kind of had allegorical undertones regarding cancer?

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                    I too really enjoyed the series. Great 80's nostalgia with more than a bit of Stephen King influence (Carpenter and Spielberg too). I thought Ryder was a bit over the top, not terrible but a bit of over acting. The rest of the cast, the kids especially, were tops.

Did anyone else get the impression that the series kind of had allegorical undertones regarding cancer?
                    I never noticed that, and I survived cancer as a kid, and sometimes notice stuff like that.

I am happy to find out that they are making season 2!!!!!
                    http://www.slashfilm.com/stranger-things-season-two/

Comment

I just finished watching and thoroughly enjoyed it. Two episodes yesterday and the remaining six today, I guess I've binge-watched something now.

Comment

Yep, I really liked this series. I am definitely looking forward to the second season!

Comment

Working...
                        X