X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this subject of interest?

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
      I am really just looking at The Shining book and other Stephen King titles. I have a habit of just looking, snooping around. I wish I had not delayed and missed out on the CD version of The Shining.

On a completely different subject, I found a new book about a topic that has long fascinated me. The book is non fiction and over 700 pages. Due to the length I'll probably buy the unabridged Tantor audiobook or the Audible version.

Cap
      I was referring to The Shining Folio edition as I thought that was the topic of discuss that I replied to

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
        I was referring to The Shining Folio edition as I thought that was the topic of discuss that I replied to
        Yes, I know you were referring to The Shining Folio Society edition Brian. Sorry if the second part of my last post confused you. ~Cap
        Last edited by c marvel; 05-21-2017, 08:31 AM.
        Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Yes, I know you were referring to The Shining Folio Society edition Brian. Sorry if the second part of my last post confused you. ~Cap
          No worries I got the second part was a completely different subject all together.

Comment

I don't know why it shocks me to see gift editions of The Shining already appearing on eBay.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
              I don't know why it shocks me to see gift editions of The Shining already appearing on eBay.
              I'm sure some people bought them to flip or maybe changed their mind on the book and decided to take their chances with eBay instead of canceling the order. I'm curious as to how the aftermarket is going to treat the Doubleday series. I recently saw an Carrie AE go unsold for $118. Though Carrie is probably by far the least popular book in the series and eBay sales are incredibly fickle.

I've been loving the production qualities on these books. Very much looking forward to getting my AE of The Shining, though it will be a longer wait as the remarqued copies always ship last.

Comment

I am really just looking at The Shining book and other Stephen King titles. I have a habit of just looking, snooping around. I wish I had not delayed and missed out on the CD version of The Shining.

Cap
                If it's the gift edition you're looking for, there is always the chance CD will wind up with a few extras.

Comment

Meanwhile I'm over here patiently waiting for my shipping notification.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                    I'm sure some people bought them to flip or maybe changed their mind on the book and decided to take their chances with eBay instead of canceling the order. I'm curious as to how the aftermarket is going to treat the Doubleday series. I recently saw an Carrie AE go unsold for $118. Though Carrie is probably by far the least popular book in the series and eBay sales are incredibly fickle.

I've been loving the production qualities on these books. Very much looking forward to getting my AE of The Shining, though it will be a longer wait as the remarqued copies always ship last.
                    I think the aftermarket on The Shining is going to be incredible. It'll be better than the CD edition of It.

I'm not too surprised about Carrie, considering the Gift Edition is still available. But $118 is awfully low for an AE (wish I had seen it!).

I'm in the same boat as far as the wait goes. I got the Chadbourne remarque. And since this is my first AE, I'm really curious about what number I'll get.

Comment

I received a Maitz Remarque on my GE from CD so I imagine it'll be shipping a bit later. I also ordered an AE from PS. I don't usually double dip, but...

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                        If it's the gift edition you're looking for, there is always the chance CD will wind up with a few extras.

I already inquired about this possibility on the Out of Print books thread.

Cap

Comment

Any word from my recommendation, Cap?

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                            Any word from my recommendation, Cap?
                            No, not yet.

Cap

Comment

So many pictures on Twitter and Facebook....

/checks email again

/no shipping notice

/cries

Comment

Which edition did you order?

Comment

Working...
                                X