No announcement yet.

The Shining: The Deluxe Special Edition by Stephen King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you hear that? It's the death toll of my collection thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
      Can you hear that? It's the death toll of my collection thread.
      Yea. Photobucket is trying to squeeze money out of people. Feel free to upload them directly to the forums though.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
        I received my copy of the AE edition of The Shining today. Hats off to CD for producing a beautiful copy of this book. I keep thinking that the new one can't top the one before, but I keep getting proved wrong!

There a ton of pictures of this edition out there so I decided to only post a picture of my Chadbourne remarque. I was hesitant at first as I wasn't in love with my remarque for Carrie, but I really like the remarque he did in this one!
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]19830[/ATTACH]
        Like you, I definitely did not like Glenn's Carrie remarque for my Carrie AE. It was the absolute worst I had seen. His remarque for my 'Salem's Lot was much better, but still not up there with the best (of course, that's a purely personal observation.) So I did go ahead and ordered a remarque for my Shining AE.
        I really like yours! It's very similar to my own and I'd love to see more. I'll post both of my remarques.

sk

Comment

I like those, Siep!

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
            Like you, I definitely did not like Glenn's Carrie remarque for my Carrie AE. It was the absolute worst I had seen. His remarque for my 'Salem's Lot was much better, but still not up there with the best (of course, that's a purely personal observation.) So I did go ahead and ordered a remarque for my Shining AE.
            I really like yours! It's very similar to my own and I'd love to see more. I'll post both of my remarques.

sk
            Very nice Siep, thanks for sharing!

Comment

sk
              Love both remarques. Congrats Siep!

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
              Yea. Photobucket is trying to squeeze money out of people. Feel free to upload them directly to the forums though.
              I might do that bit by bit.

Attempt #1:
              20170721_180050.jpg
              Last edited by Theli; 07-26-2017, 06:08 PM.

Comment

sk
                Those are great.

Comment

Thanks, guys. Happy with what I got.

And Paul: that's an AWESOME remarque!!!
                  One of the best I've seen for the Shining editions.

sk

Comment

An artist edition of The Shining with a Don Maitz remarque sold for $274.99 on eBay. And nothing makes sense to me anymore.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Shining-...p2047675.l2557

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                      An artist edition of The Shining with a Don Maitz remarque sold for $274.99 on eBay. And nothing makes sense to me anymore.

Someone got a smoking good price! And from a good seller, too.

I believe I've said it before, but I feel that eBay is a horrible barometer for the market. It is hardly ever about what something is "worth" or establishing a median price for what the market would bear, but more "out of the people who see this auction in the time frame offered, how many are willing or able to make the purchase". I've seen auctions for the same item, same condition go for wildly different prices and end less than a week apart.

Comment

For these things to sell there have to be people looking for them. Unfortunately it's actually probably too close to when we released these for them to go for higher prices.

edit: Also remarques have a surprisingly limited audience. A lot of collectors don't like them, or just aren't interested in them.
                        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                          For these things to sell there have to be people looking for them. Unfortunately it's actually probably too close to when we released these for them to go for higher prices.

edit: Also remarques have a surprisingly limited audience. A lot of collectors don't like them, or just aren't interested in them.
                          And that's a great advantage on the aftermarket for those of us that are. But eBay in general, as Keith stated, is usually about right place/right time for both the seller and the buyer.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                            And that's a great advantage on the aftermarket for those of us that are. But eBay in general, as Keith stated, is usually about right place/right time for both the seller and the buyer.
                            Yeah, I get it. And I'm buying for my personal collection and not a financial investment. I don't plan on parting with my books in my lifetime. My kids will probably sell them to buy their kids whatever passes for an iPhone in the future. Depressing, but not my concern. I just see that eBay sale as a (momentary) signal on the social regard for an outstanding book. It's a bummer to see that particular edition get tossed to the eBay crowd for so little.

Anyway, on to more exciting things--like the shower of limiteds expected this fall!

Comment

Anyway, on to more exciting things--like the shower of limiteds expected this fall!
                              Great. Now I have an image of people showering with their limiteds. So, yeah. Thanks for that!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                                Great. Now I have an image of people showering with their limiteds. So, yeah. Thanks for that!

Comment

Working...
                                X