The Shining: The Deluxe Special Edition by Stephen King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Damn, I wish I still got so excited about my new arrivals.

Hahahaha, yeah this was a big deal for me. It's the first time I've ventured outside gift editions. And then I splurged on the remarque. It was limited edition overdose. Also, after waiting over TWO YEARS, there was a bit of pent up anticipation to vent.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      I have been buying small press limited editions for 19 years and I still get excited when unboxing each one.
      I've been buying for close to 30 years...maybe that's my problem. ;-)
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        I posted an unboxing video. You can see my remarque at 6:12 if you don't want to hear my blather.

I cringe at the way I hold the book, though . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC7Ipz5Kf5U&t=30s
        The Remarque is fantastic! Thanks for sharing! Now I'm even more excited to get mine!

Comment

Yeah, that remarque is top notch! Very big congrats!

Comment

Thank you. Yeah I was torn on getting either the Maitz or Chadborne remarque and I'm very happy with my choice. Though there is a really nice AE of The Shining with a Maitz remarque for sale on eBay right now for $600.
            I saw this as well. It's a pretty nice Remarque, but I actually like yours better.

There are quite a few of AEs of The Shining on Ebay right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
              I saw this as well. It's a pretty nice Remarque, but I actually like yours better.

There tend to be. We have a fair number of people who buy these things just to flip them. We also have some retailers who list their unsold copies on eBay as well. All that said, I would suggest to anyone who's looking for a gift edition to not spend more than the retail price on the gift just yet. We have a bunch of copies that where short slipcases, that we will be offering up for sale here in the near future once the case maker gets the extra cases done. Also on a different note, if anyone hasn't purchased a Carrie gift edition yet and was waiting for some reason, I wouldn't wait too much longer I expect they'll be gone by the end of the year (probably sooner).
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Thanks! I do too.

And I'm not surprised to see AEs on eBay, but I was surprised to see the Maitz remarque. At one of 50, it's a pretty rare edition. Something like that, I'd expect a collector to hold onto. Though I think it was a book dealer selling it.

Comment

Thanks! I do too.

And I'm not surprised to see AEs on eBay, but I was surprised to see the Maitz remarque. At one of 50, it's a pretty rare edition. Something like that, I'd expect a collector to hold onto. Though I think it was a book dealer selling it.
                  You never know, sometimes people's fortunes can change in the drop at the drop of a hat. Had the disposable income to spend at the time, now needs to fix up their busted car or liver. The starting bid and Buy Now price really isn't too much of a mark up to be honest. I like the remarque, but having seen all of the ones he did I can say I did like some others more. There's one particular one I really hope to get. Though mine is coming in a GE.

Comment

I wish I could have gone with a Maitz remarque. My original plan was to get remarques from the various artists if they were offered, but I just couldn't justify the amount of money for the Maitz so I went with the Chadbourne, whose art I do like quite a bit. All the Maitz remarques look really good and I hope you get the one your after.

My AE is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. The countdown continues...

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                      The starting bid and Buy Now price really isn't too much of a mark up to be honest. I like the remarque, but having seen all of the ones he did I can say I did like some others more. There's one particular one I really hope to get. Though mine is coming in a GE.
                      Yeah, I thought the price was more than fair.

Where did you see all the remarques?

Comment

SWEET Maitz remarque here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...0AAOSw4dxZciRP

Comment

That's a great price for the starting bid.

Comment

My initial thought was that they were asking too much. Then I realized that all three have Remarque's.

Comment

I received my copy of the AE edition of The Shining today. Hats off to CD for producing a beautiful copy of this book. I keep thinking that the new one can't top the one before, but I keep getting proved wrong!

There a ton of pictures of this edition out there so I decided to only post a picture of my Chadbourne remarque. I was hesitant at first as I wasn't in love with my remarque for Carrie, but I really like the remarque he did in this one!
                              IMG_0613.jpg

Comment

I received my copy of the AE edition of The Shining today. Hats off to CD for producing a beautiful copy of this book. I keep thinking that the new one can't top the one before, but I keep getting proved wrong!

There a ton of pictures of this edition out there so I decided to only post a picture of my Chadbourne remarque. I was hesitant at first as I wasn't in love with my remarque for Carrie, but I really like the remarque he did in this one!
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]19830[/ATTACH]
                                Congratulations, that is a terrific Remarque!

Comment

Working...
                                X