Hap and leonard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    It's probably about as close to capturing the tone of a Lansdale story as I've yet seen. You also can't beat the cast of Michael C. Hall, Don Johnson and Sam Shepard. If I remember correctly, it's on Netflix.
    I really liked it. The book was solid, but I may have liked the movie even more. In general though it just stayed really close to the source material.

Comment

Finished season two of Hap and Leonard. I enjoyed it but felt it was not as good as season one. Still hoping they renew it for a third season.

Comment

I read Savage Season quickly then watched season 1. Both were great, and also distinct. I see the need for changes from the book to make a series, mostly because it's a lot of build up with a great pay off in the end, but not a lot of action in the beginning. Hard to say which I preferred though.

I'm planning to read Mucho Mojo before watching Season 2. Hopefully it makes it to Netflix.

Comment

Although the TV shows start off slow, by the middle we were hooked and have watched both series. Now I'm reading Savage Season. I'm thrilled there's a whole series of Hap and Leonard books and hope the show gets renewed. The actors have great chemistry. Still have a hard time believing Hap is 1)English, 2) the creepy guy from The Following.

Comment

I'm looking forward to Season 2. I enjoyed the first season enough. Michael K. Williams is fantastic in it and I'm always glad to see him get work. I like James Purefoy as Hap, but I can't help thinking that Thomas Jane would have killed in this role.

Comment

I'm looking forward to Season 2. I enjoyed the first season enough. Michael K. Williams is fantastic in it and I'm always glad to see him get work. I like James Purefoy as Hap, but I can't help thinking that Thomas Jane would have killed in this role.
              I think Thomas Jane would have been great but I think I prefer James Purefoy as hi comes across as more rough around the edges which is perfect for the character.

Comment

Happy to hear the Hap and Leonard has been renewed for season 3. Sad to say it remains a 6 episode season, wish it was longer. Season 4 will be based on The Two-Bear Mambo. I have not read the source material but hope for something more like Season 1 rather than Season 2.

Comment

Just picked up Mucho Mojo from a used bookstore, gonna read through it before starting Season 2 (which hopefully will show up on Netflix). I really enjoyed the first season. I don't mind the short seasons too, I think they go at a steady pace and don't come across as dragged out.

Comment

A little news on season three:

http://deadline.com/2017/09/hap-leon...es-1202176007/

Comment

Those are pretty great cast additions. I've yet to check out season two since it hasn't popped up on Netflix yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I'm happy to hear that season three is progressing well!

Comment

Those are pretty great cast additions. I've yet to check out season two since it hasn't popped up on Netflix yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I'm happy to hear that season three is progressing well!
                        In my view season two was not as strong as season one but it was still entertaining.

Comment

Season Three starts a week from tomorrow:

Hap and Leonard.jpg

Comment

Tonight:

Comment

Said to say Hap and Leonard has been cancelled after three seasons:

http://deadline.com/2018/05/hap-leon...oy-1202391210/

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                Said to say Hap and Leonard has been cancelled after three seasons:

http://deadline.com/2018/05/hap-leon...oy-1202391210/
                                Savage Season is working its way up my TBR pile. Then I can watch H&L.

Comment

Working...
                                X