THE FIREMAN by Joe Hill:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    Looks good! I decided I'd just wait for the PS Publishing limited edition, whenever it shows up.

I have to spend a few hundred bucks on an alternator this week...always something!
    Ouch, sorry about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
      Got my Waterstones red edged edition today. Not packaged really well so the jacket has some dings but it I am happy to have it.

Want to note that it is taller then the US edition so the CD cases will, sadly, be too small.

Also, regarding the Goldsboro books version, their numbered editions sometimes take the form of an embossing on the title page with it numbered x/xxx. This could be the case for The Fireman but hopefully they will either do a tip in page or a stamp or something to make it unique from the Waterstones and other red edged editions.

EXAMPLE:

Thanks for the heads up Joe regarding the slipcases. Looks like I might need to cancel my order for the extras I purchased :-/.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        Ouch, sorry about that.
        Ah, no big deal. This car has cost nothing but oil changes and a set of tires over the past few years. A new alternator is a lot cheaper than a car payment

Comment

My Goldsboro edition has been shipped!

Comment

I just had a very unfortunate update on my edition pre-ordered quite some time back. I'll come back and whine and complain once it's confirmed it's not solvable...still hoping for resolution.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              I just had a very unfortunate update on my edition pre-ordered quite some time back. I'll come back and whine and complain once it's confirmed it's not solvable...still hoping for resolution.
              Hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction.

Comment

I ordered a signed copy through Books A Million in April, they confirmed today they cannot fulfill the order, what a bunch of crap.

It's a good thing I ordered through B & N too. I'd still like one of the upside down sig sheets though, just because its different, I like odd and different.

I got a ship notice from Goldsboro too.

~Mark

Comment

Ditto!. FYI-CD slipcases for this book will not fit the UK editions. Too tall.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                    Ditto!. FYI-CD slipcases for this book will not fit the UK editions. Too tall.
                    Thats OK, I've got one case to sell later that way. We'll have to get some made for the UK editions. It's all good.

Comment

Originally posted by ruderabbit View Post
                      Thats OK, I've got one case to sell later that way. We'll have to get some made for the UK editions. It's all good.
                      Yeppers. I think Jeff is in cahoots with the UK publishers so we have to go through him .

Comment

Hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction.
                        So far it's not looking good. Ironic (but in the way Alanis Morissette uses the word, in that it's less ironic and just more unfortunate and sad) that I spent so much effort promoting this Goldboro numbered edition, alerting others and recommending it to others in place of Waterstones, and then I'm the one left without a copy.

Sometimes nice guys do finish last.

Comment

So far it's not looking good. Ironic (but in the way Alanis Morissette uses the word, in that it's less ironic and just more unfortunate and sad) that I spent so much effort promoting this Goldboro numbered edition, alerting others and recommending it to others in place of Waterstones, and then I'm the one left without a copy.

Sometimes nice guys do finish last.
                          That blows, brother. Hopefully they'll get it figured out for ya and you end up with a copy. I sent ya a PM over at TDT.

Comment

Thanks...yeah, I was whining over there, too. Too much disappointment to contain in just one site.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                              That blows, brother. Hopefully they'll get it figured out for ya and you end up with a copy.
                              Situation resolved positively.

Comment

Situation resolved positively.
                                Only right that they took care of ya. Very happy to hear!

Comment

Working...
                                X