THE FIREMAN by Joe Hill:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Typically Goldboro's limited editions are numbered...but, you're right, I don't see that specific indication on the page for the book (though I sure thought I did at the time I ordered it ), so am not clear what the deal is with THE FIREMAN. I sure hope it will be. Tell you what, since I've ordered the thing and did so under the assumption (and, again, I thought it said it) that it was numbered, I'm going to drop them a note. I'll report back when I hear back from them.
    Just had it confirmed by Goldsboro: They say it is numbered.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I'm placing the final order for THE FIREMAN slipcase today if anyone wants to get an order in real quick:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/X_CASES044

Brian
      Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

+2 for me. Banking on that they'll fit the UKs as well. If not, not biggie. I'll pay it forward to some other member in need down the road. Thanks for putting it back up, Brian.

Comment

Thanks, Ron. They also stated that they try to match numbers for future orders as well. Seem like really good folks over there. Now debating whether or not to order since I already have one coming from Waterstones (not signed or numbered) :-/.

Comment

To steer off the beaten path a tad bit more; are any of you guys in the Goldsboro Book of the Month Club? It appears you could get some pretty nice looking books for not a bad price tag at all. Although I'll admit, most of mine would be for collecting purposes only and never read. But again, that'd be nothing new for me as I keep reading copies on hand of what I intend to read.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
              To steer off the beaten path a tad bit more; are any of you guys in the Goldsboro Book of the Month Club? It appears you could get some pretty nice looking books for not a bad price tag at all. Although I'll admit, most of mine would be for collecting purposes only and never read. But again, that'd be nothing new for me as I keep reading copies on hand of what I intend to read.
              No, I like to pick my own books (all of which I read...eventually)...even if I relaxed that a bit, many of their picks just aren't my thing. They're great to pick up the odd signed UK HC 1st (THE FIREMAN, HEX, THE MARTIAN, etc.), but their club isn't for me.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

No, I like to pick my own books (all of which I read...eventually)...even if I relaxed that a bit, many of their picks just aren't my thing. They're great to pick up the odd signed UK HC 1st (THE FIREMAN, HEX, THE MARTIAN, etc.), but their club isn't for me.
                Gotcha, Ron. Seems logical enough. I'm still debating though. Thanks for tempting me on their The Fireman edition! lol. If I can get out of the Waterstones edition, I just might pick it up. Somehow the numbered thing keeps enticing me.

Comment

I have looked at it but have not joined. Trying, with limited success, to be more discerning in my purchases.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    I have looked at it but have not joined. Trying, with limited success, to be more discerning in my purchases.
                    I hear ya, Martin. I'd like to think I'm doing better but then I see something else shimmering just beyond the horizon. sigh. I did go ahead and get their edition of The Fireman. I thought not having the numbered wouldn't bother me but it was. Being as it's just same as the Waterstones, why not for 5 pounds more. If I can't get out of the Waterstones edition; I'll try and see if anyone stateside wants it once it arrives. I've missed out on Joe's early stuff so I figured The Fireman is a good starting point for gathering all the various editions while it's still hot off the presses. (pun intended). Then I can start my backtrack from there. Reckon now I'll have to pick up the PS edition once it's released as well. Boy, does this addiction thing ever take a day off? Whew.

Comment

I hear ya, Martin. I'd like to think I'm doing better but then I see something else shimmering just beyond the horizon. sigh. I did go ahead and get their edition of The Fireman. I thought not having the numbered wouldn't bother me but it was. Being as it's just same as the Waterstones, why not for 5 pounds more. If I can't get out of the Waterstones edition; I'll try and see if anyone stateside wants it once it arrives. I've missed out on Joe's early stuff so I figured The Fireman is a good starting point for gathering all the various editions while it's still hot off the presses. (pun intended). Then I can start my backtrack from there. Reckon now I'll have to pick up the PS edition once it's released as well. Boy, does this addiction thing ever take a day off? Whew.
                      No, it does not take a day off. My purchases of The Fireman so far. US 1st/1st flat signed, US 1st/1st Publisher signature sheet, US 1st/1st Publisher Signature sheet (Upside Down), US ARC 2nd state, Goldsboro Signed UK edition and will order PS Limited as soon as I can. I am holding off on a UK 1st/1st so far.

Comment

Mine are/will be: Reading copy, CDs with 3 slipcases, UK 1st/1st, and Goldsboro S/L.

Comment

Thanks...now to decide whether to buy it or not

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                            Thanks...now to decide whether to buy it or not
                            Might as well .

Comment

Got my Waterstones red edged edition today. Not packaged really well so the jacket has some dings but it I am happy to have it.

Want to note that it is taller then the US edition so the CD cases will, sadly, be too small.

Also, regarding the Goldsboro books version, their numbered editions sometimes take the form of an embossing on the title page with it numbered x/xxx. This could be the case for The Fireman but hopefully they will either do a tip in page or a stamp or something to make it unique from the Waterstones and other red edged editions.

EXAMPLE:

Last edited by Joe315; 06-09-2016, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                                Got my Waterstones red edged edition today.
                                Looks good! I decided I'd just wait for the PS Publishing limited edition, whenever it shows up.

I have to spend a few hundred bucks on an alternator this week...always something!

Comment

Working...
                                X