Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 141

Thread: THE FIREMAN by Joe Hill:

  1. #121
    Senior Member Hearing Voices Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    1,283
    Rep Power
    4
    Thanks for the share, Martin!

  2. #122
    Senior Member 2nd Electroshock Session Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    3,748
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Thanks for the share, Martin!
    No problem. I have ordered the hardbound version. I may still pick up a paperback from a local retailer I know carries these.

  3. #123
    Senior Member 2nd Electroshock Session Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    3,748
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Was it ever determined with they are numbered copies?
    You probably already saw this but Mr. Crowther has said it will be numbered.

  4. #124
    Senior Member Hearing Voices Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    1,283
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    You probably already saw this but Mr. Crowther has said it will be numbered.
    Thanks, Martin. Finally getting around to checking emails/forums after a crazy week. Several crazy weeks to follow but not a bad thing as it keeps one gainfully employed .

  5. #125
    Senior Member 2nd Electroshock Session Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    3,748
    Rep Power
    15
    For fans of the artwork in the PS Publishing edition of The Fireman, David Stoupakis is selling 11x17 Prints for $20.

    http://davidstoupakis.bigcartel.com/

  6. #126
    Junior Member Visitor
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Quick question to anyone with the PS Publishing Fireman

    I picked up a copy of this that was advertised as remarqued by the artist but having received the book, I'm a bit dubious about the claim. This doesn't look like an actual sketch to me but rather a scan. I would appreciate if someone could confirm if this art appears in all copies of the book for me before I ask the seller what they're smoking.

    Of course if this is by some stretch a legit sketch and I am the one losing it, then it'd be great to know this too

    Thanks



  7. #127
    Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,048
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Bods View Post
    Quick question to anyone with the PS Publishing Fireman

    I picked up a copy of this that was advertised as remarqued by the artist but having received the book, I'm a bit dubious about the claim. This doesn't look like an actual sketch to me but rather a scan. I would appreciate if someone could confirm if this art appears in all copies of the book for me before I ask the seller what they're smoking.

    Of course if this is by some stretch a legit sketch and I am the one losing it, then it'd be great to know this too

    Thanks


    Did you get this off of eBay or something? That's just the title page. Is the remarque somewhere else in the book?
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com
    Ebook Email: danhocker@dhdigitaleditions.com
    eBook Website: www.dhdigitaleditions.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Facebook - Twitch.tv

  8. #128
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Posts
    776
    Rep Power
    8
    Yeah, that's the standard title page in the PS edition. Unless there's a remarque hidden elsewhere, the seller either didn't know what they were looking at, or just lied about it.

  9. #129
    Senior Member 2nd Electroshock Session Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    3,748
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Did you get this off of eBay or something? That's just the title page. Is the remarque somewhere else in the book?
    I can't be positive but I do not believe my title page has that art. I will try to remember when I am home tonight. Appears to be a Remarque to me.

  10. #130
    Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,048
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I can't be positive but I do not believe my title page has that art. I will try to remember when I am home tonight. Appears to be a Remarque to me.
    The extra copies I have here in the warehouse do. We didn't sell remarqued editions, so I have to assume they all do.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com
    Ebook Email: danhocker@dhdigitaleditions.com
    eBook Website: www.dhdigitaleditions.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Facebook - Twitch.tv

  11. #131
    Senior Member Hearing Voices Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    1,283
    Rep Power
    4
    That's pretty cool regardless! I have yet to purchase a copy.

  12. #132
    Junior Member Visitor
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    Yeah, that's the standard title page in the PS edition. Unless there's a remarque hidden elsewhere, the seller either didn't know what they were looking at, or just lied about it.


    Thanks for confirming that.

    There is no other remarque, and the thing is I sent a message BEFORE purchase asking to confirm there was an actual sketch by book's artist and was told 'yes' (!)

    Looks like I'll have to follow this one up.

  13. #133
    Senior Member 2nd Electroshock Session Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    3,748
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Bods View Post
    Quick question to anyone with the PS Publishing Fireman

    I picked up a copy of this that was advertised as remarqued by the artist but having received the book, I'm a bit dubious about the claim. This doesn't look like an actual sketch to me but rather a scan. I would appreciate if someone could confirm if this art appears in all copies of the book for me before I ask the seller what they're smoking.

    Of course if this is by some stretch a legit sketch and I am the one losing it, then it'd be great to know this too

    Thanks


    Mine has the same art and is not a Remarque:
    P1360814.jpg

  14. #134
    Junior Member Visitor
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Contacted the seller this morning and to their credit I got a reply very quickly.

    $20 refund seems way too cheap to me though, seeing as I could've bought the book much cheaper and at less shipping cost from elsewhere. Maybe I should just ask for more.

    Hello. I am afraid this is my fault. Two things have happened: First, When you asked the question in my mind I thought it was about N0S4A2 Limited edition by Joe Hill, which is remarqued by the artist. Second our employee used a template and did not remove the Remarque title in the listing. I had no idea it was there and this is a big mistake on our part. I am very, very sorry for any inconvenience I am sitting here with "egg on my face." Can I give you a $20 refund on this purchase? Or is there something else I can do? Again, I am very sorry for this mixup. Just let me know.

  15. #135
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Posts
    776
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Bods View Post
    Contacted the seller this morning and to their credit I got a reply very quickly.

    $20 refund seems way too cheap to me though, seeing as I could've bought the book much cheaper and at less shipping cost from elsewhere. Maybe I should just ask for more.
    Show them a listing for what you see elsewhere and tell them to refund you the difference. Why should you pay for their mistake?

  16. #136
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Theli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    2,975
    Rep Power
    11
    Or a complete refund if you would not have ordered it without the remarque.

  17. #137
    Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,048
    Rep Power
    10
    Was this eBay? If so ask for enough to bring it back to "list" price. If they aren't willing to give it, file a claim with eBay / PayPal for a full refund and send it back. If you still want the book I can sell you one through CD.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com
    Ebook Email: danhocker@dhdigitaleditions.com
    eBook Website: www.dhdigitaleditions.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Facebook - Twitch.tv

  18. #138
    Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,454
    Rep Power
    8
    Yikes. That's a bad situation and I'd be rather upset if this was me. Mistakes happen, but this one is rather large one. Hope it all works out well!

  19. #139
    Junior Member Visitor
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    ^Yeah a lousy situation. They can't all be good experiences though, I guess...


    The seller was overlookconnectionbookstore on ebay, they seem to have a great rep and sell a number of genuinely remarqued King books. So it was more shocking than had it been a different seller, you'd think they'd take more care with that kind of thing.


    Anyhow, in the end I took a slightly higher refund and just kept it. I would've purchased the book in any case at some stage and sending this one back would've meant posting from Japan to the USA. I didn't feel like dragging it out, better to just move onto the next one

    They did offer to do me a deal on another item if there was something I fancied but I don't think I'll be shopping there again in a hurry.

  20. #140
    Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,048
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Bods View Post
    ^Yeah a lousy situation. They can't all be good experiences though, I guess...


    The seller was overlookconnectionbookstore on ebay, they seem to have a great rep and sell a number of genuinely remarqued King books. So it was more shocking than had it been a different seller, you'd think they'd take more care with that kind of thing.


    Anyhow, in the end I took a slightly higher refund and just kept it. I would've purchased the book in any case at some stage and sending this one back would've meant posting from Japan to the USA. I didn't feel like dragging it out, better to just move onto the next one

    They did offer to do me a deal on another item if there was something I fancied but I don't think I'll be shopping there again in a hurry.
    Ohh that's Overlook's ebay account. He should be more than willing to work with you.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com
    Ebook Email: danhocker@dhdigitaleditions.com
    eBook Website: www.dhdigitaleditions.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Facebook - Twitch.tv

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •