TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE Relaunched With JOE HILL & GABRIEL RODRIGUEZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I will do as I did with Locke and Key. I will buy each issue as it comes out and purchase a signed hardbound when they are offered.
    Ok, Martin, but since you're making me buy into this, you too must purchase The Shining Folio edition! :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
      Ok, Martin, but since you're making me buy into this, you too must purchase The Shining Folio edition! :evil:
      Now you are not playing fair!

Comment

I picked up and read episode one today and really enjoyed it. The best part though was the promotion and the end of the issue of a future Locke and Key to come out this fall!

Comment

Now you are not playing fair!
          All's fair in love and influencing your fellow collectors, my friend . Seriously though, Martin, I honestly think you'll be super impressed with quality of the Folio edition. The only concern would lie in the fact that many have arrived bumped. But folio is trying to make it right by their customers. Still, I know of at least a few replacements that have also arrived bumped.

I picked up and read episode one today and really enjoyed it. The best part though was the promotion and the end of the issue of a future Locke and Key to come out this fall!
          I ordered the complete set with variants to collect. I assume you can just pick up a reading copy at any local comic/bookstore, Martin?

Comment

All's fair in love and influencing your fellow collectors, my friend . Seriously though, Martin, I honestly think you'll be super impressed with quality of the Folio edition. The only concern would lie in the fact that many have arrived bumped. But folio is trying to make it right by their customers. Still, I know of at least a few replacements that have also arrived bumped.

I ordered the complete set with variants to collect. I assume you can just pick up a reading copy at any local comic/bookstore, Martin?
            i continue to resist the Folio edition but my resistance is fading.

I picked up Tales From the Dark Side (Primary Cover, Subscription Cover and Retailer Incentive Cover) from a local comic store. There is also a Books A Million Cover and a Convention Exclusive but I will probably not get them.

Comment

Ugh!! All these variants!! I may run down Saturday and see what my local has. Thanks, Martin.

Comment

Ugh!! All these variants!! I may run down Saturday and see what my local has. Thanks, Martin.
                I thought three was reasonable and then I saw that there are two more.

Comment

A huge thanks out to Martin for leading me down yet another collecting path Visited my local comic book store today vs. the one in the mall. Although they only had the primary cover left in stock, it was very homely, down to earth kinda shop. I was able to reserve all future issues and variants that they will carry and I'll do that with Locke & Key as it gets closer to release. December of this year according ad in the back of issue #1. Thought I'd add a few pics to the thread for future reference.

Primary Cover Issue #1:
                  Darkside 1.jpg

News of the forthcoming Locke & Key:
                  Darkside 3.jpgDarkside 4.jpg

Not sure if IDW does this with all their comics as this is my first purchase, but I really like how they have listed all the variant covers. An OCD collector's (me) dream!
                  Darkside 5.jpg

Comment

As an ex-collector of comics from back in the 90s, watch out for the sheer volume of variant covers that IDW does. It's worse today than it was back in the 90s. I'm surprised that they get away with it actually. All of these variants is what nearly destroyed the comics market.

My girlfriend buys My Little Pony and JEM, and one of the issues had right around 20 covers. TWENTY COVERS. Insanity.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                      As an ex-collector of comics from back in the 90s, watch out for the sheer volume of variant covers that IDW does. It's worse today than it was back in the 90s. I'm surprised that they get away with it actually. All of these variants is what nearly destroyed the comics market.

My girlfriend buys My Little Pony and JEM, and one of the issues had right around 20 covers. TWENTY COVERS. Insanity.
                      Wow! 20 would be a little excessive. I'm managed to find 4 of the 5 covers pictured above. I'm not sure if the convention cover has been released yet as I don't know when the convention is. Comcon I assume they mean by convention.

My son told me something disturbing about the My Little Pony comics. He said grown men are into collecting these and they (others) call themselves Bronies Not one for judgements; live and let live. But still, that just bothers me.

Comment

There are a lot men who like the My Little Pony comics and show. The show seems to be a crossover hit actually.

And honestly, it's not creepy like you'd think.

Here's something that I wrote about this very subject.

http://grocible.livejournal.com/1768066.html

Comment

There are a lot men who like the My Little Pony comics and show. The show seems to be a crossover hit actually.

And honestly, it's not creepy like you'd think.

Here's something that I wrote about this very subject.

http://grocible.livejournal.com/1768066.html
                          Very well written, Jason! I'm glad that K has your support for her hobby. That very important. I guess one would have to attend a Con to fully understand it.

Comment

Thank you sir!

Very well written, Jason! I'm glad that K has your support for her hobby. That very important. I guess one would have to attend a Con to fully understand it.

Comment

Does anybody know of somewhere to pre order the full series with all of the variant covers? Overlook Connection is offering a preorder of all issues plus one variant of each, but it seems like there will be more than one variant for each. Plus I'm not the biggest fan of Overlook Connection. Nor do I have the patience to track them each down individually.

Comment

Thank you sir!
                                You're most welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X