White Noise Press-The Anthology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keithminnion View Post
    I ended up cancelling this project. I could not come up with the necessary up-front funding, and I have never, and will never, take pre-order money from folks, nor do I agree with the 'kickstarter' model for funding. Sorry for the tease, and then this let-down.
    Kickstarter is interesting. One the one hand, I wouldn't feel comfortable using it for one of my own projects (though never say never); on the other hand, some truly spectacular works have been brought to life because of it. In the end, it's not begging or swindling if people are voluntarily supporting something they very much want to see created. Essentially, you're giving people what they want and involving them in its development. If it doesn't raise enough, nobody's out anything. If it does, a very cool project comes to life. Just my 2 cents.
    http://www.kealanpatrickburke.com

Comment

Very sorry to hear it, Keith, but admire your principled stance.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
        Kickstarter is interesting. One the one hand, I wouldn't feel comfortable using it for one of my own projects (though never say never); on the other hand, some truly spectacular works have been brought to life because of it. In the end, it's not begging or swindling if people are voluntarily supporting something they very much want to see created. Essentially, you're giving people what they want and involving them in its development. If it doesn't raise enough, nobody's out anything. If it does, a very cool project comes to life. Just my 2 cents.
        So if the Kickstarter campaign falls through, everyone is refunded their money? I honestly wouldn't see any harm in that if that's the case. I guess it's still quite a risk if said campaign could just take the money and run with no end result for the backers. I still admire Keith's stance as well.

Comment

I have most, not all, of the WNP chapbooks. I'm unsure which ones I'm missing. Do you have a list of all of the titles Keith?

Cap
          Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
            I have most, not all, of the WNP chapbooks. I'm unsure which ones I'm missing. Do you have a list of all of the titles Keith?

Cap
            http://www.whitenoisepress.com/bibliography/

Comment

Originally posted by keithminnion View Post
              I ended up cancelling this project. I could not come up with the necessary up-front funding, and I have never, and will never, take pre-order money from folks, nor do I agree with the 'kickstarter' model for funding. Sorry for the tease, and then this let-down.
              That's too bad, Keith. Maybe its time will still come 'round....
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Anyone heard from Keith lately

Comment

Originally posted by ruderabbit View Post
                  Anyone heard from Keith lately
                  I follow him on Twitter. He posts occasionally. He has shut down White Noise Press unfortunately. Explained that it never made money and he just can't continue to support it.

Comment

I am very much alive - I spend most of my time writing and painting, and have a one-man gallery show scheduled for next May in Harrisonburg VA. I just completed a supernatural-ish novel, currently going through edits, and had a new short story collection come out - DOWN THERE & Others - this past autumn, available in TPB at Amazon, and in e-book everywhere. Now if only someone would buy it...

Comment

Working...
                    X