CEMETERY DANCE COLLECTORS CLUB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Love it when a plan comes together. Congratulations on being able to get back into shape. With two hip replacements in the last four years I can relate.
    Two? Damn! I can’t even imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
      Two? Damn! I can’t even imagine.
      The new ones work a lot better than the old ones did though!

Comment

The new ones work a lot better than the old ones did though!
        Well that’s good! The alternative doesn’t sound pleasant.

Comment

I can't imagine not having my half price gift certificates.
          That half price gift certificate puts a lot of gas in the tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
            I've been dodging the minefield of late due to lack of interest in the offers. One of these has me very intrigued and looks gorgeous. This just might be that final fatal step. The CD Gods only give you so much reprieve before they drop the hammer.
            I'm imposing strict discipline moving forward. I recently made the mistake of studying my credit card statement. I'm not going off my "must buy" list for as long as I can manage. That means no eBay and some tough conversations with my addiction upon every CDCC email I get. Though it is so hard to resist. Otherwise it wouldn't be an addiction. The gift certificate email will be a must-buy. And On This the Day of the Pig. Also, if there are any straggling copies of the Southern Reach Trilogy. Oh, and then whenever they announce Pet Sematary. Also the Robert McCammon limited editions they haven't announced yet. But that's it except for maybe the occasional grab bag or warehouse find. Or new King project. Or a non-Little Graveyard Edition.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
              Thanks! I used to run A LOT, but an injury that never got better changed that. Finally started changing some things and picked up the running again. Not as fast as I used to be, but that's what added pounds and years do to you . . .
              Take up cycling! I ride with a lot of guys in their 40s and 50s who used to be runners, but their knees just can't take running any more.

Comment

For those who purchased it, here's a small update on the artwork grab bag. We're starting to put these together now, but they probably won't actually start shipping until Monday. They're a nightmare to pack and the box I had to order is way overkill (so look forward to that). It'll be shipping in 2 packages. A tube that houses the poster and 2 of the larger prints and a box that has everything else. As per our usual MO if the portfolio you are getting is one of the Doubleday Years portfolios, the artwork will be outside of the folder to protect the pockets of the folder from ripping during shipping. Hopefully there are no damages as I won't be able to provide replacements if there are, as I pretty much will have next to no artwork left once this is done. Hope you guys like them it's a really good group of stuff.
                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Cool! I don't have any of the portfolios so I know that is new at least.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                    I'm imposing strict discipline moving forward. I recently made the mistake of studying my credit card statement. I'm not going off my "must buy" list for as long as I can manage. That means no eBay and some tough conversations with my addiction upon every CDCC email I get. Though it is so hard to resist. Otherwise it wouldn't be an addiction. The gift certificate email will be a must-buy. And On This the Day of the Pig. Also, if there are any straggling copies of the Southern Reach Trilogy. Oh, and then whenever they announce Pet Sematary. Also the Robert McCammon limited editions they haven't announced yet. But that's it except for maybe the occasional grab bag or warehouse find. Or new King project. Or a non-Little Graveyard Edition.
                    Never ever ever look at the credit card statements.
                    To help with keeping within my budget, I use my Paypal account. I load money in there every month that I can spend on books. Now of course if something REALLY special comes out that I need to break the budget, then I float it by the wife. These two things keep me in check. If not, it would be a dangerous, dangerous thing.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                      Even though it occasionally means being at the mercy of the aftermarket, I have thus far avoided the CDCC...ignorance has its own financial rewards.
                      I tried the CDCC once-one year. It was okay, not enough to lure me back. ~Cap
                      Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                        Never ever ever look at the credit card statements.
                        To help with keeping within my budget, I use my Paypal account. I load money in there every month that I can spend on books. Now of course if something REALLY special comes out that I need to break the budget, then I float it by the wife. These two things keep me in check. If not, it would be a dangerous, dangerous thing.
                        I don't use my credit cards much for these book purchases. Sometimes I do, but I avoid that. I'm so glad I learned early on about the "dangers" of credit cards. Like Sock Monkey, I use Paypal and have more than enough there which if I wanted to I could easily reload. ~Cap
                        Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                          Hi, Jeff. I'm also a non-recovering CDCC member. Thanks for sharing with the group. Remember, this is your safe place.

Comment

I missed out on today’s offer. I would totally be on board if more of the books offered were in another grab bag!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                              I missed out on today’s offer. I would totally be on board if more of the books offered were in another grab bag!
                              I missed it too. They went fast. Win some loose some.

Comment

Hi I'm still a newbie here and so far haven't had much luck when it comes to keeping tabs on things I've orderd. Couple of questions if anyone can help me;

1. I ordered The Stand special Cemetery edition book and I've been looking all over the site and the forums with no signs of any updates on production or ideas when I might expect it to ship. I am concerned as I've had at least one thing which was shipped and never arrived until I had it reshipped, so I want to ensure I am watching when to look for this book.
                                2. When we sign up for the collectors club, were we supposed to have something sent to us such as a shirt or coffee mug or something? I saw someone post about this and I've never received anything, so again just feeling like maybe I'm missing something I should be following up on. It's not very clear if this is a regular thing or was just something sent to members in the past.

Thanks for any light which can be shed on these items, appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
                                X