NaNoWriMo 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NaNoWriMo 2014

So who's doing NaNo this year? I am rewriting the story I did last year since most of what I wrote ended up being garbage, lol. Would do something else, but really like the idea of this story, so I will be back at it!
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

I'm in the middle of a novella, so I'm not going to tackle it as NaNo this year.
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
      I'm in the middle of a novella, so I'm not going to tackle it as NaNo this year.
      You could always be a rebel and do it with the novella and then just writing other things, as well! Hell, you could even use everything you post on forums to help pad the numbers, lol.
      Spoiler!

Comment

Decided to post snippets each day I write on Facebook as I go, which will hopefully help encourage me to write more. I'll post some here, too (though I don't know about every day, lol). I like this snippet because it is exactly how I would talk in this situation (like a smartass, lol):

“So what you are saying is that you don’t know what you saw flying out there, right?” He says.

“Yeah, I guess so” she says, wishing she could describe thing better.

“Well then it’s simple” he says, smiling.

“It is? How is it simple?” She says, feeling confused.

“It was a UFO!” He exclaims.

“Aliens? Why would you say that?” She asks.

“I didn’t say anything about aliens. I said UFO. Unidentified Flying Object. You can’t identify what you saw, and it was flying. If it was flying, it had to be an object of some sort. Or, as I already said, a UFO!” He says with a big grin on his face.
        Last edited by RJK1981; 11-05-2014, 12:06 PM.
        Spoiler!

Comment

Might try to kick myself into gear this month, started on a novel/novella this summer but ended up putting aside for most of fall.

Comment

I'm participating for the third year in a row. I'm working on an extreme horror novel. Not sure it'll last the full 50K, but I'll just start another book if I finish early. So far, I'm 6800 words in and things are going fine.

Comment

Well good luck to all participating this year! And if you don't reach 50,000 words, at least you tried and have more words than otherwise would have!

Hear is another snippet from what I wrote today:

Eventually, long after the sun had gone down he decided to try and get some sleep. He’d been laying in his sleeping bag for an hour or two trying to fall sleep with no success. All he could do was think of his wife. He pictured her face, imagined hearing her voice, running his fingers through her long, golden blond hair and gazing deep into her turquoise eyes before kissing her cherry red lips. Would he ever get to do that again? He doubted it as he was sure she couldn’t possibly have survived what he’d found. He unconsciously wiped away the tears that had finally come.
              Spoiler!

Comment

I have posted before that I would love to at least attempt to write something....probably short story type length, and I have ideas, but can never get myself to sit down and actually plot it out and write things down.

Anyhow..... good luck to all participating! I envy those you are so creative.

And here is a good link that shows how successful a NaNoWriMo campaign can be: http://www.tor.com/blogs/2014/11/nan...ed-novels#more
                Last edited by TJCams; 11-06-2014, 09:35 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

I'm all in this year. 12,000 words so far and got a few left to go today. :-)

Robert9889 on the NaNo site if you want to be friends!

Comment

Hope everyone is hanging in there. I fell a bit behind, but I'm slowly catching up to the benchmark. Just passed 13,000 earlier. Here's an excerpt of what I wrote today.

The house.

Lee couldn't stop thinking about the house.

Two o'clock in the morning, he woke from a dream about the house breaking apart. The fracturing of its wood sounding not unlike breaking bone, the Devil's House split open and unleashed a torrent of blood. The crimson gush rushed across the yard like a tidal wave. It washed across Lee, baptizing him in deepest shade of red.

Split wide opened, the Devil's House revealed it's inner darkness. Churning within the walls resided a fathomless black abyss hallowed by untold centuries of pain and suffering. The truth laid bare, Lee did the only thing he could do. He fell to his knees in worship.

Comment

Working...
                    X