MASSIVE BOOK SALE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MASSIVE BOOK SALE!

Hi everyone I am posting this on behalf of Grant Wootton(AKA Bad Penny from thedarktower.org) who is selling his entire collection, he has already sold a good deal of his King collection via Betts Books and now wishes to sell his non-King related S/L editions, I have his master list in the form of an Excel spreadsheet which, I don't think I can upload here but if anyone is interested PM me and I can send you the list, he has also said that I may give his personal email address if anyone wants to contact him

I am looking at the list now and if you like:

Jack Ketchum
    Edward Lee
    Robert McCammon
    Richard Laymon
    Clive Barker
    Graham Masterton
    Kealan Patrick Burke
    Dean Koontz
    Peter Straub
    Justin Cronin
    William Peter Blatty
    F. Paul Wilson
    Ray Garton
    Dan Simmons
    Tim Lebbon
    + Many Others

Then please PM me and I will send you the list and/or his email, he is a great guy and needs the support right now

Thank You for reading!!

EDIT: If you want to see the list please send me your email address because I cannot attach an Excel Spreadsheet through PM, I'll email you the sheet and Grant's address, thanks!
    Last edited by Tommy; 08-31-2014, 12:50 PM.

Many of us remember Grant very well as he used to be a member here and showcased his massive collection before he made the move to thedarktower.org.
    I am very sorry he is forced to sell his books and wish him well.

Siep

PM sent.

Comment

Yeah, he was the first person to show me any kind of support over there when I joined and I am more than glad to help him out!

Comment

Wow, why is he selling everything?
        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
        Spoiler!

Comment

Same here I remember him. Sad news.
          Originally posted by frik51 View Post
          Many of us remember Grant very well as he used to be a member here and showcased his massive collection before he made the move to thedarktower.org.
          I am very sorry he is forced to sell his books and wish him well.

Siep

PM sent.

Comment

I miss Grant, too. And he had such a fabulous collection; one of the best I'd ever seen, or heard of. I hope he's doing okay.
            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Gotten several requests for the list, you guys are great! If I have sent you the list and you know of anyone who might be serious about buying something from it then please feel free to circulate the list

Comment

I inquired about one of the books with Mr. Wootten, and it turns out someone had sniped it! I was beaten by 1 hour and 10 minutes I heard.

The Hellbound Heart, Tommy, ring a bell? LOL

Thanks for sharing the list!
                “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
                  I inquired about one of the books with Mr. Wootten, and it turns out someone had sniped it! I was beaten by 1 hour and 10 minutes I heard.

The Hellbound Heart, Tommy, ring a bell? LOL

Thanks for sharing the list!
                  I am so sorry!, I had already bought eight books from him BEFORE I saw that wonderful list and I immediately inquired about that one, If I ever come across another one I will send word your way for sure!

Comment

No worries at all, and congrats on picking it up! I mostly know Barker through short stories, which I love, but not nearly so familiar with his novels. Cabal was great, though, and looking forward to Damnation Game.
                    -John Barth

Comment

TDG has been my favorite novel of his so far with The Sacrament, The Great and Secret Show and Coldheart Canyon close seconds, Hellbound Heart is a very short novella that can be read in one sitting so I don't consider it a novel, but it is really good, actually the only thing I've ever read by Barker that I didn't love was Mister B Gone, save that one for reading last, if you have to read it all

Comment

Thanks for the clarification, not sure why I though it was a novel. I'd forgotten about Great and Secret Show, but I've been wanting to get to that one as well. It appears I also need to open up some slots for Coldheart Canyon and The Sacrament.

I'm telling you, the day I get fired will be the greatest day of my life. No book will be safe.
                        -John Barth

Comment

LIST?

Hi
                          Could you also send me the list
                          of what's left in the
                          collection

Thanks

Deepak

Jack Ketchum
                          Edward Lee
                          Robert McCammon
                          Richard Laymon
                          Clive Barker
                          Graham Masterton
                          Kealan Patrick Burke
                          Dean Koontz
                          Peter Straub
                          Justin Cronin
                          William Peter Blatty
                          F. Paul Wilson
                          Ray Garton
                          Dan Simmons
                          Tim Lebbon
                          + Many Others

Then please PM me and I will send you the list and/or his email, he is a great guy and needs the support right now

Thank You for reading!!

EDIT: If you want to see the list please send me your email address because I cannot attach an Excel Spreadsheet through PM, I'll email you the sheet and Grant's address, thanks![/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by vexavex View Post
                            Hi
                            Could you also send me the list
                            of what's left in the
                            collection

Thanks

Deepak

Jack Ketchum
                            Edward Lee
                            Robert McCammon
                            Richard Laymon
                            Clive Barker
                            Graham Masterton
                            Kealan Patrick Burke
                            Dean Koontz
                            Peter Straub
                            Justin Cronin
                            William Peter Blatty
                            F. Paul Wilson
                            Ray Garton
                            Dan Simmons
                            Tim Lebbon
                            + Many Others

Thank You for reading!!

EDIT: If you want to see the list please send me your email address because I cannot attach an Excel Spreadsheet through PM, I'll email you the sheet and Grant's address, thanks!
                            [/QUOTE]

Hi Deepak, sure! I need you to send me your email address first so I can email you the spreadsheet

Thanks,
                            Tommy

Comment

I've gotten several requests for the list and I hope I have responded to everyone who asked, if I somehow missed you then please drop me another PM please!

Comment

Working...
                              X