Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Twelve Bentley Little Books To Be Published By Cemetery Dance Publications!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Is The Summoning still the next Bentley Little book to be released? In the Production Updates section on the site, it states that it is going to be book 9 (!) in the Graveyard Edition line. Either that's a typo, other Little books are being shifted ahead, or there are A LOT of Graveyard Editions on the way...
    There are a lot of Graveyard Editions on the way, I don't particularly know the order of them though. The TPB for The Summoning and Dispatch will be shipping really soon though. Maybe this week.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
      Is The Summoning still the next Bentley Little book to be released? In the Production Updates section on the site, it states that it is going to be book 9 (!) in the Graveyard Edition line....
      The Summoning HC seems to have disappeared from the Production Update.
      At one point I had it listed as @ 2019.
      Apologies for resurrecting an eight month old thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaharoff View Post
        The Summoning HC seems to have disappeared from the Production Update.
        At one point I had it listed as @ 2019.
        Apologies for resurrecting an eight month old thread.
        No problems. The limited editions for those 12 Bentley Little books have been moved to our "Graveyard Editions" series. Which kinda messed with the release dates. I'm not really sure were it falls in the new release schedule for that series. I'll check when I get in the office tomorrow though, or if Brian sees this he may know off hand.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
          No problems. The limited editions for those 12 Bentley Little books have been moved to our "Graveyard Editions" series. Which kinda messed with the release dates. I'm not really sure were it falls in the new release schedule for that series. I'll check when I get in the office tomorrow though, or if Brian sees this he may know off hand.
          So Bentley will have 12 books in the series?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
            So Bentley will have 12 books in the series?
            Eventually. Not all in a row. They are spaced out around the other 20 titles we already have under contract for the series.

I think we sent an update about this a while back, but for anyone preordered the "bundle" of all of these Little Limited Editions who doesn't dig the style of the series OR just wants to cancel because it's going to be 4 to 5 more years to get them as the Graveyard Editions progress, you can just drop Mindy a line to cancel your bundle order. We'll totally understand.

Part of what we learned with Bentley's collectors is they don't see the need to upgrade to the "signed" edition if there's a trade edition.

So by putting these books in the Graveyard Editions line, they have a different look from the trades and appeal to a larger group of horror book collectors, which seems to be making people happy.

Brian
            Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
            My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

I LOVE the look/feel of the first two Graveyard Editions books! This is going to be an amazing collection as it grows.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                I LOVE the look/feel of the first two Graveyard Editions books! This is going to be an amazing collection as it grows.
                I do too! They are beautiful books. As a relatively new CD collector I'm glad I got in on the Graveyard Editions from the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                  I do too! They are beautiful books. As a relatively new CD collector I'm glad I got in on the Graveyard Editions from the beginning.
                  If you are of a mind and can find them, the Signature Series is really great too.

Comment

If you are of a mind and can find them, the Signature Series is really great too.
                    I have two of those as well. They are neat little books. I think there have been 13 of those so far? I may try to track down the others eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                      Eventually. Not all in a row. They are spaced out around the other 20 titles we already have under contract for the series.

I think we sent an update about this a while back, but for anyone preordered the "bundle" of all of these Little Limited Editions who doesn't dig the style of the series OR just wants to cancel because it's going to be 4 to 5 more years to get them as the Graveyard Editions progress, you can just drop Mindy a line to cancel your bundle order. We'll totally understand.

Part of what we learned with Bentley's collectors is they don't see the need to upgrade to the "signed" edition if there's a trade edition.

So by putting these books in the Graveyard Editions line, they have a different look from the trades and appeal to a larger group of horror book collectors, which seems to be making people happy.

Brian
                      Thanks, Brian. I'm not a reader/collector of Bentley per se so I wasn't a part of his twelve book campaign. I love the Graveyard Editions but with the announcement pertaining to Bentley, was hoping the series wasn't turning into a Bentley collection, if that makes sense. Glad to hear other authors will be sprinkled in there.

They are gorgeous books for the price! Preordered the next one recently.

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                      I have two of those as well. They are neat little books. I think there have been 13 of those so far? I may try to track down the others eventually.
                      I love a series of things so all these things are right up my alley. I have both the complete sets thus far of the Novella Series and the Signature Series. Be prepared to pay handsomely for some of the books in the series if you track them down.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                        Thanks, Brian. I'm not a reader/collector of Bentley per se so I wasn't a part of his twelve book campaign. I love the Graveyard Editions but with the announcement pertaining to Bentley, was hoping the series wasn't turning into a Bentley collection, if that makes sense. Glad to hear other authors will be sprinkled in there.

They are gorgeous books for the price! Preordered the next one recently.

I love a series of things so all these things are right up my alley. I have both the complete sets thus far of the Novella Series and the Signature Series. Be prepared to pay handsomely for some of the books in the series if you track them down.
                        I was one of the people who ordered the Bentley Little books when they were first announced. I am not a fan of the look of the graveyard books. I ended up canceling my order partly because of that and a bigger part was the fact I had already started collecting the books with the dust jackets that were originally going to be a part of it and I wanted a uniform look . I understand the reasoning behind it but it wasn't for me. So I got my refund and am collecting the paperback editions from Cemetery Dance. Just one of my book collecting quirks . We all have them.

Comment

I haven't decided yet if I'm going to collect all the Bentley Little Graveyard books or not...the first one was easy, given that it was an original/new novel, but some of the pbos they're reprinting are not among my favorites (e.g. THE WALKING is, I believe, next or will be shortly, and it's definitely not one of his best) while others surely are. So do I just pick up the ones I like, or do I go the completist route and get them all? Tough call.

I do know, though, that I'm not collecting the Graveyard series in its entirety. They're nice, but not really my thing, and some of the authors aren't of interest (in fact, two of the three thus far are not), so I'll just pick and choose as it goes along (again, except for Little...maybe).
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                            I haven't decided yet if I'm going to collect all the Bentley Little Graveyard books or not...the first one was easy, given that it was an original/new novel, but some of the pbos they're reprinting are not among my favorites (e.g. THE WALKING is, I believe, next or will be shortly, and it's definitely not one of his best) while others surely are. So do I just pick up the ones I like, or do I go the completist route and get them all? Tough call.

I do know, though, that I'm not collecting the Graveyard series in its entirety. They're nice, but not really my thing, and some of the authors aren't of interest (in fact, two of the three thus far are not), so I'll just pick and choose as it goes along (again, except for Little...maybe).
                            Have purchased the first three so far but have only read the first one. I enjoyed it but was not overwhelmed. I have mentally committed to buying the first 10 and then assessing. If I find the stories lacking I may drop out.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Technically all of the paperbacks of the 12 Bentley Little books mention in the beginning of this post are available at the moment if you purchase them through Amazon. I think we have 4 more that need announced and put for sale through the CD site. The Collection, The Policy, The Association, and The Ignored.

I think The Collection and The Policy are good to go for a "In-Stock" announcement. The Association and The Ignored shouldn't be far behind.

These aren't part of the original 12, but there are paperbacks for The Influence, The Handyman, The Consultant, and Death Instinct coming as well.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                Have purchased the first three so far but have only read the first one. I enjoyed it but was not overwhelmed. I have mentally committed to buying the first 10 and then assessing. If I find the stories lacking I may drop out.
                                As with everything we publish it's really gonna vary book to book based off of personal taste. We have a ton of unannounced titles lined up for the Graveyard Editions series and we don't expect everyone to like or even want every title. I actually think calling it a series is probably the wrong term for it. A better description would be "line" as the aren't numbered like the Novella series and the signature series.

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X