Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Cemetery Dance Grab Bags & Other Deals

Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Maybe you just didn't get a shipping notice yet. I got one yesterday and my dinged grab bag should be here this weekend.or they are still shipping them and you will get a notification soon.
    My order will show up when it does. I only meant to talk about Grab Bags. Besides I have many, way too many, books to read. I'm a patient peon. ~Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Dinged grab bags are almost all shipped. Just a handful left that I should get out today. You should probably get your shipping notice later today if you haven't already.

As far as grab bags go, I will say here what I tell pretty much everyone. Grab bags are for people who don't order very much. The more you order from a publisher, the more likely you are to get something you already have in a grab bag. So grab bags are always "buyer be aware".
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com
    Ebook Email: danhocker@dhdigitaleditions.com
    eBook Website: www.dhdigitaleditions.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Facebook - Twitch.tv

Senior Member 2nd Electroshock Session Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Dinged grab bags are almost all shipped. Just a handful left that I should get out today. You should probably get your shipping notice later today if you haven't already.

As far as grab bags go, I will say here what I tell pretty much everyone. Grab bags are for people who don't order very much. The more you order from a publisher, the more likely you are to get something you already have in a grab bag. So grab bags are always "buyer be aware".
    Mine is currently scheduled for delivery next Tuesday

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TJCams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post

I think this is exactly why I have cut back my grab bag orders - especially if I have pretty much everything I really want on my shelf or on order.

Received my Dinged Grab Bag order today and I could not be more pleased. All three books are absolutely mint condition, the flaw in each book is that they are limited editions with missing signature sheets.

I received one duplicate, Tabitha King's Small World. I can trade that when I venture to Powell's.
    I received one I was interested in but had not purchased, Bill Pronzini's The Revenant.

I received one I really wanted, Lonely Roads limited of The Fall. I actually have a copy of The Strain without the Signature sheet so I am thrilled to add this one.

Senior Member Inmate
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Received my Dinged Grab Bag order today and I could not be more pleased. All three books are absolutely mint condition, the flaw in each book is that they are limited editions with missing signature sheets.

I received one duplicate, Tabitha King's Small World. I can trade that when I venture to Powell's.
    I received one I was interested in but had not purchased, Bill Pronzini's The Revenant.

I received one I really wanted, Lonely Roads limited of The Fall. I actually have a copy of The Strain without the Signature sheet so I am thrilled to add this one.
    I am envious! I would have loved to get a copy of The Fall! My dinged grab bag was nearly as sweet. I got Small World, 4 Killers--which was never released to the general public--and Gone Girl which is a sharp production. I almost bought Gone Girl a few times so I'm happy to have a copy finally.

Senior Member Hearing Voices Brian861's Avatar
    Congrats guys on your grabs!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I am envious! I would have loved to get a copy of The Fall! My dinged grab bag was nearly as sweet. I got Small World, 4 Killers--which was never released to the general public--and Gone Girl which is a sharp production. I almost bought Gone Girl a few times so I'm happy to have a copy finally.
    Great score but that combo would have been complete duplicates for me.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Both are great grab bags! Congratulations to you both!

My Dinged Grab Bag was at the USPS today. Inside-Revenant by Bill Pronzini. I can't see anything wrong with this one. It's signed, no bumps, it's in perfect condition to my eyes. The Book of Baby Names by Norman Prentiss. This one is a PC copy-Bent dustjacket and one big bump on the upper right corner. Now this fits the defintion of dinged. Sick Chick Flicks by John Skipp. It is a trade paperback and is in perfect condition-Just not signed. I think I'll especially enjoy reading the first Pronzini and Prentiss books. I'm quite happy I snagged this Dinged Grab Bag.

Edit-The only thing I saw after looking at the Pronzini book again is a tiny raise or rumple on the back of the dustjacket. I guess calling that book dinged means quality control measures are in place.

Cap
    Last edited by c marvel; 10-13-2017 at 04:31 AM.
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.