No announcement yet.

Jack & Jill Excerpt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will try and check it out. I'm out of the e-reader business but maybe i can figure something out.

Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
    You're right, it does, though Jack & Jill doesn't. It's rooted more in psychological perceptions of the past and present.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
      I will try and check it out. I'm out of the e-reader business but maybe i can figure something out.
      I'm sure it'll make it into a collection sooner or later.
      http://www.kealanpatrickburke.com

Comment

May I ask what prompted you to get "out of the e-reader business"?
        http://www.kealanpatrickburke.com

Comment

1) For an unknown reason I feel like I connect less (with the content) when reading on any electronic device.
          2) Electronic format does not feel substantial to me.
          3) I cannot "share" with a friend a good book. Not always the case however there can be restrictions with how the content is used even though it is supposedly my content once I purchase it.
          4) There are a ton of garbage books out in the e world.

Those are just some examples however I'm sure as an artist you may have counterpoints to a few of these.

Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
          May I ask what prompted you to get "out of the e-reader business"?

Comment

I agree with you on some of that too, though I have no interest in giving it up. It is easier to read an eBook than other books (especially paperbacks with small font sizes), I can have more available to read as it really saves on shelf space, and eBooks are typically cheaper (though not always) which is good for me since I can't spend a ton on books.

I am sure I will always prefer hardcover books though, especially high quality small press editions. You can't replace the feel or smell of a real book, that is for sure. I'm glad that I got my Kindle Fire though, as I can have many more books without needing to worry so much about having shelf space. I can even get eBook editions of some of my paperback books, freeing up room for other books, like all of the books I have on order from Cemetery Dance
            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
            Spoiler!

Comment

Your statement 'Though it is supposedly my content once I purchase it' is my biggest issue with Amazon. Though you buy the content they have the right to remove it from your device after purchase and only owe you a refund. In July of 2009 they did just that with some Ray Bradbury titles they had sold and, as it turns out, did not have the rights to sell. People who had purchased the book were not told of its removal, they simply got a refund. As for a ton of garbage ebooks being out there, stop by any sizable bookstore and see how much you consider garbage.
              Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
              1) For an unknown reason I feel like I connect less (with the content) when reading on any electronic device.
              2) Electronic format does not feel substantial to me.
              3) I cannot "share" with a friend a good book. Not always the case however there can be restrictions with how the content is used even though it is supposedly my content once I purchase it.
              4) There are a ton of garbage books out in the e world.

Those are just some examples however I'm sure as an artist you may have counterpoints to a few of these.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                stop by any sizable bookstore and see how much you consider garbage.
                You are right. Maybe I should say books with all kinds of errors which a publisher would never let happen.

Comment

I've seen plenty of errors of errors in print books too though, but they are more common in eBooks though due to less editing done on many eBooks.

As for the Amazon thing, they learned their lesson from the experience and won't be removing books again if I remember correctly. I do remember when that all happened though, or something very similar.
                  WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                  Spoiler!

Comment

Got my copy of this book in the mail today. Will start it after I finish the original The Stand.

Comment

And here it is......DSC02472.jpg

Comment

The artwork on the cover is very nice, but the book itself looks very thin. How many pages does it have?
                        "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                        - Stephen King

Comment

It has 131 pages. Novella length.

Comment

Started and finished Jack & Jill this morning. I literally could not put it down. A very disturbing and very effective novella. I'd put it right up there with The Turtle Boy and Kin as my favorite stories by KPB.

B.

Comment

Started and finished Jack & Jill this morning. I literally could not put it down. A very disturbing and very effective novella. I'd put it right up there with The Turtle Boy and Kin as my favorite stories by KPB.

B.

Comment

I should have my copy soon. Excited to see this, Mr. Burke is one of my favorite authors.
                                Originally posted by brlesh View Post

B.

Comment

Working...
                                X