Posting on Upcoming Stephen King movie projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Not all remakes suck mind, there are some very famous films including Oscar winners that were in fact remakes...

Original: Ben Hur (1925) starring Ramon Novarro
    Remake: Ben Hur (1959) starring Charlton Heston, winner of 11 Oscars (including best film)

Original: The Maltese Falcon (1931) starring Bebe Daniels
    Remake: The Maltese Falcon (1941) starring Humphrey Bogart, nominated for 3 Oscars (including best film)

Original: That Female Scent (1974) starring Vittorio Gassman
    Remake: Scent of a Woman (1992) starring Al Pacino, nominated for 4 Oscars (including best film) won Best Actor

Original: The Fly (1958) starring David Hedison
    Remake: The Fly (1986) starring Jeff Goldblum , won 1 Oscar

Original: L.A Takedown (1989) starring Scott Plank
    Remake: Heat (1995) starring Al Pacino & Robert De Niro, recognised as one of best heist movies ever.
    Some of these are not exactly remakes though, Ben Hur or Maltese Falcon for example, but new movies based on the same source material. Kinda like The Thing from Another World and The Thing are both based off James Campbell's Who Goes There? But if you watch Universal picture Dracula or Frankenstein then watch the Hammer versions, they are closer to a remake of the films than they are to the original source material, Frankenstein especially. Either way I agree, though I do like to see new and original ideas, I am not inherently opposed to remakes.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
      Here is the latest news about the upcoming remake of The Stand:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...y-heart-612798

Not good news of you're a fan of Ben Affleck....
      The interesting part of that story was the Affleck is set to play Batman in THe Man of Steel sequel...
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
        The interesting part of that story was the Affleck is set to play Batman in THe Man of Steel sequel...
        Which in turn, is not good news if you're a fan of Batman... Or Man of Steel.
        "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
        - Stephen King

Comment

So...Matt Damon is Robin by default?
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
            So...Matt Damon is Robin by default?
            Yeah, with Jennifer Lopez as Catwoman... LOL!!
            "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
            - Stephen King

Comment

I think he could be good as Batman if you can look past his other roles. He has done some pretty good movies recently though. I really liked Argo. That said I don't think he will really work after Christian Bale's batman.
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                I think he could be good as Batman if you can look past his other roles. He has done some pretty good movies recently though. I really liked Argo. That said I don't think he will really work after Christian Bale's batman.
                Yeah, that's the problem. Stepping into Christian Bale's shoes is practically impossible.

Personally, I think if the movie studios are unable to entice Christian Bale back into the role, then they should scrap the idea entirely.

I just cannot see how this film is going to work, which is a shame because they are going to ruin the new Superman franchise to boot.

Granted, Argo is a great film, but Ben Affleck is DEFINITLY miscast for the role of Batman!!!
                - Stephen King

Comment

^Didn't they already ruin it when Superman killed thousands of people in Metropolis?

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                    ^Didn't they already ruin it when Superman killed thousands of people in Metropolis?

Um....No.
                    - Stephen King

Comment

Haven't seen the new one yet, but I have been informed that he smashes multiple buildings most likely carrying thousands of people in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                        Haven't seen the new one yet, but I have been informed that he smashes multiple buildings most likely carrying thousands of people in them.
                        Without mentioning any spoilers, there is an epic smack down between Superman and General Zod, in which half the city gets wasted in the process.

Although there are many people who have disliked this movie because of the amount of carnage and obvious loss of life that occurs in Metropolis, in my opinion the fight scene is a very realistic depiction of what would happen if two people with super powers were to actually slug it out for real.

Interestingly, the Superman comics themselves depict an even greater level of violence and destruction...
                        - Stephen King

Comment

The epic battle between Zod and Supes was one of the few good things abut the movie. The rest was boring and underwhelminfg. I still blame the loss of his red underoos on the dismal state of the movie.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Personally I generally compare Man of Steel to Batman Begins, the more boring movie of a greater trilogy. It's just more boring than Batman as we've seen the Superman origin story about 100 times already.
                            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I liked the origin story in Man of Steel except his dads death. I call a big WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?! on that one. Back to the main topic...I am glad ben affleck will not be in the stand if it ever gets made. I like lesser known actors to take roles in book movies, someone who fits the part rather than just the biggest name they can manage. That being said though, I have no idea who Scott Cooper is or if he can act his way out of a paper bag or not. Just glab it's not Ben. Altho I think i'd rather see ben in the Stand than as Batman. But preferrably neither.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                                I liked the origin story in Man of Steel except his dads death. I call a big WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?! on that one. Back to the main topic...I am glad ben affleck will not be in the stand if it ever gets made. I like lesser known actors to take roles in book movies, someone who fits the part rather than just the biggest name they can manage. That being said though, I have no idea who Scott Cooper is or if he can act his way out of a paper bag or not. Just glab it's not Ben. Altho I think i'd rather see ben in the Stand than as Batman. But preferrably neither.
                                Ben Affleck was due to Direct The Stand not star in it. Scott Cooper is talking with the movie studios to be the new Director, if it gets made.
                                - Stephen King

Comment

Working...
                                X