No announcement yet.

Theli's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I figured I'd snap a shot of my brother's hard cover copy of The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born with a sketch from Dennis Calero, whom actually didn't provide art for these issues, but later ones. My bro spotted him at a comic con at his booth but without his name, asked he was indeed Denis Calero and asked for his signature. He drew the sketch for free, said not many people had shown up. Not surprising since no one knew who he was, everyone else had banners and stuff draped from their booths telling everyone who they were. Mighty cool and humble dude though.

Last edited by Theli; 12-09-2014, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
      One more arrived, very strangely, on Sunday.
      Amazon is paying the USPS to deliver on Sundays during the holiday season, so everyone else shipping packages is benefiting.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
        Amazon is paying the USPS to deliver on Sundays during the holiday season, so everyone else shipping packages is benefiting.
        Well that's freakin cool! Thanks Amazon!

Comment

Awesome additions!!! Love the art!!!
          My Collection:
          http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958
          Fine Wooden Tray & Slipcases:
          http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=theshiningproject

Comment

Very nice! I passed on Brooks' Zombie books, but they look great! congrats!
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Some more additions have arrived:

I'd heard McCammon was working on a sequel to this guy, figured I should grab the first one try and get a matched set if SP releases it. Snagged it for a song, $35 on ebay.

Took me a while to find Live Girls with the CD for a decent price, so I was pretty happy when I found this one.

Comment

I picked up Tome 1: Vampirism from Dark Regions Press, it's a MASSIVE (12x18) volume filled with different forms of art; short stories, comics, various forms of visual art (paintings, sculptures etc.), and interviews, made by the artist group called 44 Flood, this is one of 44 signed copies. Like Live Girls it too comes with a music CD to enjoy along with it. Quite a beautiful undertaking.

Last edited by Theli; 12-22-2014, 07:18 PM.

Comment

McCammon posted a letter that said there will be four novellas in there series and I would fully expect the next three to come out from SubPress.
                  Last edited by bsaenz24; 12-22-2014, 07:13 PM.

Comment

^Very cool, thanks for the info!

Comment

Wow! Great adds. Very cool!
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Love the new books
                        Really want that Live Girls I love Ray Garton' s work. One to look for.

Comment

Some new arrivals since Christmas:

I'm sure most people here have this or have seen enough photos, so I just snapped the one.

Loved the inside art of the borders.

Took me a while to track this one down, got burned on it once too. Tons of bonus material, no art unfortunately though, still a fantastic addition to the collection.

Comment

Veri spiffi, Theli! Congratz on the Lost Souls. Persistence pays off.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Great stuff!!!
                              My Collection:
                              http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958
                              Fine Wooden Tray & Slipcases:
                              http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=theshiningproject

Comment

I got Stephen King's The Little Sisters of Eluria in the mail from playdohman here on the forum. This thing is just littered with art, both colour and black and white.

Comment

Working...
                                X