NOS4A2 Signed Hardbounds:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pennynutter View Post
    What is the secret??? I tried SubT no more than 5 minutes of the email notification and CD within a minute and nada. . . . I'm sad because now they are showing up on ebay for in excess of $350 The collectors miss out while the entrepreneurs double their money. I just want it in my hands so I can admire it and take it all in. . . . is that too much to ask for?
    I think the issue is most likely the length of time it takes for their entire email list to be processed and for everyone to actually get that email based on their own providers.

Comment

Yeah, I guess luck has to be on your side. That was just me having a tantrum because I missed out. I'm better now.
      " A room without books is like a body without a soul."
      - Cicero

Comment

That email came the one day of the month I had work meetings... so I missed out.

I'm sure they'll end up being reasonably priced on the secondary market in a few months. Most books are... I've bought a lot of SubPress's books below their original price on eBay recently...

Comment

Originally posted by coderedx View Post
          That email came the one day of the month I had work meetings... so I missed out.

I'm sure they'll end up being reasonably priced on the secondary market in a few months. Most books are... I've bought a lot of SubPress's books below their original price on eBay recently...
          I was at work too when I received the email from Sub Press and the one from CD. I was in the middle of around 3 hours of back-to-back client interviews, so I had less than zero chance of scoring a copy.

Although this was quite disappointing, what really concerns me is the fact that when CD announce a really big release like a Stephen King book in the future, I am going to miss out in exactly the same way.
          "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
          - Stephen King

Comment

What is the secret??? I tried SubT no more than 5 minutes of the email notification and CD within a minute and nada. . .
            The secret is simple: once you have received an e-mail, you're too late already. You'll have the catch the book when the announcement is made directly at the SubPress site. This happened to me when extra copies of GMM's A Dance With Dragons were made available. I caught the message while visiting the site, pounced, got my S/L order in and once the e-mail arrived, the books were long gone. (There were fewer left than 28 obviously).

sk

Comment

Yea I was sleeping g after working a 16 hour shift. Missed this one as well. Was upset about it for about an hour then had to come back to work for another 16 hour shift which I am in the middle of now. Sometimes you just miss out and other times you get lucky. Congratulations to those who were able to get one of the extra copies.

Comment

Then there are the dumbasses like me who decide they can't live without this book and buy it off eBay for almost $400. I'll never pass up a limited that I'm interested in again.

Comment

I may reach that point, but not now.

Comment

I do not think I will either. I have come close to loosing my mind over a book before. Never again..... Well I guess never say never.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                      I do not think I will either. I have come close to loosing my mind over a book before. Never again..... Well I guess never say never.
                      I definitely started to lose my mind over the S/L edition of IT and came very close with The Exorcist. Some books have the capacity to do that, especially if they are difficult to get hold of. Makes you want it even more!!!
                      "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                      - Stephen King

Comment

Well, I have to say that I am glad there are other "book crazy" (as my friends call me) people in this world other than myself.
                        - Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
                          I definitely started to lose my mind over the S/L edition of IT and came very close with The Exorcist. Some books have the capacity to do that, especially if they are difficult to get hold of. Makes you want it even more!!!
                          A signed copy of It is still one of my holy grails, one I would love to own, but just don't have the cash for it at the moment. Luckily Dan was able to hook me up with a gift edition recently, which is awesome. He also hooked me up with the S/L The Exorcist, which I was really wanting. The Out of Stock thread is awesome.

Comment

Well, I have to say that I am glad there are other "book crazy" (as my friends call me) people in this world other than myself.
                            You are in good company here.

Comment

Dinged copies were just posted on the SubT site! hurry, they are $75.00
                              Last edited by pennynutter; 10-27-2013, 02:00 PM.
                              - Cicero

Comment

Dinged copies were just posted on the SubT site! hurry, they are $75.00
                                Thank you, so much! I just snagged a copy, didn't even get an e-mail from Sub. about the dings yet!

You save my wallet and sanity.
                                Last edited by Theli; 10-27-2013, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X